Any tips and suggestions

Started by Muridin, April 17, 2007, 05:19:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muridin

THis is mostly directed at shadow, as she has recently gotten a priest to 70 since TBC, but i posted it on the forums than rather in a question in a Pm is that i want opinions of priests past and present.

Im after a "guide" as such as how to put my talents with Ome, and also a quick fire way to grind from 16.
any gear suggestions along the way as well would be helpful.

the reason why i ask this, as when levelling muri, i took my time with the small, finer details, to enjoy them.. but now i just want to have a few more toons in my arsenal to help contribute to the guild.

un4

http://forum.twilightonalex.com/index.php?topic=1161.0
I'm a sucker for full shadow, myself.  I hear that if you mix discipline (imp pw shield and wand spec) with shadow, you have almost no downtime on mobs your level.
un4

Shadowwolf

I leveled Astra full Disc with only 5 points in Shadow for Spirit Tap till I hit 50, then I removed them and put them into Disc. Never had a problem soloing mobs and elites I probably should have had a group for and its easy to underestimate Reflective Shield. I have 2 sets of gear for when I play, my Heal gear which is in the Shed till I go to an instance or group, and my +spell dmg gear which I use to solo with. I have about 400 spell dmg at 70 in my solo gear which isnt that great but its worked for me well. Im about +900 healing in my healing gear which helps loads as well in groups.

I liked everything in Disc and it seems to be pretty good in PvP too, tho ive never went Offence in PvP yet to try it much, I usually heal. Power Infusion, Pain Suppression, Enlightenment, Reflective Shield, and all that stuff make you able to live longer and do some good damage.

My method may not be the "fastest" or the "best" but it worked well for how I like to play. Gave me flexibility to solo and not be shunned by PUGs when the time came I had to group and heal. Yes you can heal as a Shadow Spec priest, however 99% of groups wont give you a chance to as they immediately assume you cant, plus it does take a lot of practice to get it down right and a lot of attention as you will quickly go OOM as a shadow priest trying to heal if you dont watch. The biggest peeve of mine in the WoW community is most morons on the game believe you cant heal if you arent a full Holy Priest, Holy Pally or Resto Druid which isnt true. Anyone can heal well, the talents help considerably yes but if the player is good, talents dont mean a hill of beans.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Thunda

shadow priests go great with a paladin healing... I ran through SV really fast with a shadow priest and me main healing. I <3 shadow priests

Lord Entropy

I pretty much followed this guide and my priest is currently 40.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=12021216&sid=1

So far it's been excellent.  I really believe that wand spec and spirit tap are two critically important talents for leveling, especially early.  I bought the best wand available at my level and it has been worth it since so much damage comes from wanding.

Since I hit 40, I specced full into shadow to get shadowform but I haven't had a chance to do much with it yet.  I ran SM a couple of times and had no problems healing, even when the mage pulled aggro every single pull.  Mostly, I solo quest though, and the combination of shadow talents, high-spirit gear and wanding means I can go through mobs with almost no downtime.

Air

I used this guide back when I was leveling Aircath.  http://wow.whispre.com/files/priest_guide_v1.0.htm  It's fairly out of date now, but still has a plethora of information. 

Don't go full shadow until lvl 40, and then respect to full shadow.  Also, it depends on your play style.  Do you want to do instances all the time or to solo and level up as fast possible.

Does the inner focus and divine spirit bug still work?
"Don't be a Dick." - Wil Wheaton
"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." - Will Rogers

Lyte

Lyte has been 38 discipline and 23 holy since the priests had their talents updated and got the free respec.  I've not had to change it and I love it.

Kaidelina

I think that it depends on what you want to do.

If you run in groups a lot and want to run a lot of instances, holy/disc is the way to go.  I levelled Darbaria to lvl 60 this way.

However, if you tend to solo a lot and don't want a lot of downtime drinking, shadow spec your priest.  I respecced to shadow at level 60 and absolutely love it.  Don't think i will respec back, unless shadow priests get hit hard with the nerf stick.  Waaay too much fun.  ]:D