More subtle Blizzard humor

Started by Arcdelad, June 24, 2007, 08:49:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcdelad

When we were clearing on the way to Ilhoof, the chess event, and the shade of Aran in Karzhan, we came accross mobs called "Homunculus"...this again is Blizzards subtle way of interjecting humor into kara...

Finally, finally my degree in obscure facts has paid off! Homunculi, in the medievel medical community, where though to live in sperm as little tiny people (some pictures of the time even showed them wearing tiny jackets and clothes). The medical thought of the time was that these little men were transferred into a woman's belly, where they grew into babies and then came out of the woman.

Not as bad as the whole stork thing....but funny nonetheless :)

For more, visit:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homunculus

Air

Fullmetal Alchemist was a good show  ;D
"Don't be a Dick." - Wil Wheaton
"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." - Will Rogers

Luise

Well there ya go Arc- I learn something new every day.
So what do these mobs look like?

Maybe we should have a new thread started in a similar way to the word association- Trivial Blizz facts with Arc.
I'd love to hear more- I often pick up things from movies and famous people in the game- I found all the priests names in SW interesting- particularly the priests named after the guy that started the church of Satan- Anton Levay.

Arcdelad

hehehe...yeah...blizz is full of little humor like that...