A lesson Learned in Scholo - Paladins pay attention!

Started by Mal, July 23, 2007, 09:54:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mal

You never know what surprises are around the corner thanks to Blizzard's Bumbling Brilliance! I certainly got one in Scholomance when attempting to get my Paladin elite mount. The last part of a series of never ending quests to get the mount takes place in scholo. Before entering the quest giver in stormwind gives you a satchel with a blessed barding and a scryer .  You must remove the scryer from the satchel after you have killed rattlegore and cleared the room he is in. The scryer summons several waves of spirits, witch you must kill before the Deathknight appears. You then kill the Deathknight and loot him to reclaim the lost soul of the charger. You right click on the lost soul of the charger near the scryer to redeem it. Then with the redeemed soul and the blessed barding you can talk to the spirit of the fallen charger, complete the quest and receive your elite mount. Sounds easy right? :) Maybe for some folks but not for me lol. When I went to talk to the spirit of the fallen charger the satchel and barding had somehow mysteriously disappeared from my inventory and I was unable to complete the quest  >:(  I have no idea how this occurred, but I have found out that this is not the first time it has happened. The only thing I can think of is that somehow when I removed the scryer from the bag, initially, to summon the spirits something happened to the satchel and the barding.  Its simply a blizzard glitch. I wanted all of you  paladins who may have this quest to do yet to be aware of it.  My suggestion would be to take the blessed barding and the scryer out of the bag and place them in your inventory as soon as you receive them from Lord Grayson. If there is a problem you can abandon the quest and get the satchel again right there.
         The good news is I did finally complete the quest after I hearthed out of scholo, abandoned the quest,got the satchel ,and was summoned back into rattlegore's room by Grendeel . Many many thanks to Grendeel, Airplay, Odjia ( also known as Nakoto I think) and  Alassana who volunteered to help me with the quest without my even having to ask. They had immeasurable patience and I truly appreciate all the help.

In the TWILIGHT there is a lingering promise of more to come and the remembrance of the beauty of the days past.

Arcdelad

muridid had this same issue a long time ago...

grats on your flaming horse!

un4

That's for warlocks, Arc... pallies have the radioactive ones.

Congrats!
un4

Jandris

So true that Blizz has these recurring problems although to them it is "working as intended"  ::)
Congrats on getting you epic mount!!