Advice.

Started by magnetite, October 22, 2006, 12:28:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magnetite

So in my horde's guild I'm kind of in this situation where I want to leave. I'm in a guild where half of the people act like little kids (well most of them actually), and I can't decide whether to stay or go. If I leave, they're going to get all pissed and beg me to come back, but I also don't want to hurt their feelings. If I quit, then every noob guild would kill for a rank 10, level 60 shaman w/champion's stormcaller set/TUF/honored WSG rewards or a lock who just hit 60 (come next week), because they would just recruit me to run them through instances or do quests all day. If I stay guildless, I'm going to have those spam messages from people saying, wanna join my guild, wanna join my guild??? That sort of thing.

Emmalina

I'm not sure what the second step is, but the first steo seems obvious to me. If you don't enjoy the guild, don't be in it. A guild is an optional part of the game intended to make it more enjoyable. If it's not that for you, then there's no reason to be part of it. Go it alone for a bit, find some people you enjpy playing with, and join them.

Emma

Set progress: D0/D1: 2/8, T1: 4/8, T2: 3/8, T3: 0/9, T4: 4/5, T5: 3/5, T6: 2/8, T7: 1/5, T8:4/5, T9: 3/5, T10: 0/5

magnetite

Okay, so if a ton of guilds are going to ask me to join their guild would saying no work, or would they try and persuade me to join.

Emmalina

They're welcome to ask, you're welcome to decline. If you radnomly join a guild you'd probably end up in the same situation you are now. Just wait until the right people/place makes themselves/itself known. Don't worry about those blincly recruiting.

Set progress: D0/D1: 2/8, T1: 4/8, T2: 3/8, T3: 0/9, T4: 4/5, T5: 3/5, T6: 2/8, T7: 1/5, T8:4/5, T9: 3/5, T10: 0/5

Genoism

whenever i log on my unguildied horde priest who is a 60 in all blues...people very rarely ask me to join their guild....very very rarely. Plus u dont stay in a guild if u dont like it...why torture yourself at the expense of others?

Lyte

Just do what they did on this server and make your OWN guild with just you and call it "No I won't join your guild" or something silly like that.  Actually, I've seen many people make personal guilds just for them or for them and just a few friends, so that people would not try to invite them to guilds all the time.

magnetite

I guess. They were making baby noises last night, so I said enough is enough. Pulled my shaman out of there this morning. No one said anything.

un4

Name your guild "Maggy the Great"  :Pumpkin:
un4

genny

if it's that bad that you're thinking about leaving and have no reason to stay and your concern is that you'll get hit with guild-invite spam..   then /gquit it would be for me.

I can ignore the spam easy :P  just like I ignore group invite spam.