A New Beginning

Started by Darkling, May 18, 2007, 11:31:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkling

Ok, so Darkling isn't so new. I never really PVPed with Darkling before a few days ago. A WSG here, a WSG there. Nothing major. I was full ice spec thinking that would be better for PVP as keep me alive in PVE. Then I decided to go 100% fire. I did a ton of damage in PVE, but I died quite often in PVP.

So, now I am a hybrid (blizz's term) spec now. Arcane/Fire. This, in my opinion, is the best spec for PVP. I've been aquiring better gear to increase my stamina, intellect, and spell damage. My health is now 6016, mana at 7487 w/ intel buff, and bonus spell damage of 423. Needless to say, Darkling is now a force to be reckoned with at level 67. I mean, I did 180,000+ damage in one WSG this morning. Beautiful.

Arcdelad

why couldnt the other star wars be as good as that one TB? well...okay...empire was better than that, but certainly not the next 4......

Nixphire

I've been eye balling the Arcane tree as well. Lots of good survival tallents in there. And fire is beautiful for doing massive damage.

usonian

I never got into the Arcane tree but we were having a hell of a time with an Arcane mage in the 2v2 arenas a few weeks ago.  The insta-cast sheep and close range DPS was death to our melee.

I'm so glad the pvp trinket removes polymorph in the new patch.

Darkling

Darkling is full arcane now and doing a ton more damage than being a hybrid. I did approximately 25000 dmg in 10 seconds the other day in AB. I use instant cast polymorph on the efc (enemy flag carrier) in WSG. Then Slow and arcane blast the hell out of him. I can use arcane explosion on multiple mobs and survive as well as I did being ice spec.

Arcdelad

Arcane mages are the bane of my existence in the arenas...they just melt me like butter....

Darkling

Shadowwolf

Being a full 61 in frost, I think I held up pretty well in the Arena's on 2v2. The funniest matches were with me vs this Undead frost/arcane mage.

That Elemental is downright annoying to the other teams especially when used right at the start. He can freeze them in place well away from anyone unlike the mage Frost Nova where you have an AOE radius around yourself, his is targetable. Ask Arc about the Warrior who tried to run away from it, and the druid who got into a 1 on 1 with it while we killed her. Ice Block is handy for popping out of fears / sheeps / traps and ditching pet aggro.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess