Mage Teleport/Portal: Theramore

Started by Shadowwolf, March 25, 2008, 06:03:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowwolf

Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Nixphire

Shadowwolf

Was supposed to be a mage teleport/portal spell to be learned, but apparently it was removed before 2.4 went live. Spent the last hour doing the quests and got nothing =(
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

JohnnieRat

From what I read, it looks like if you never turn the quest in you get a free port to Theramore via a guy in the Mage Quarter in SW.

"Go to the Mage Quarter at the western end of the city and speak with Archmage Malin at the foot of the tower there. He will speed your return to Theramore."

Shadowwolf

There was a trainable portal/teleport spell also on the PTR, but they apparently removed it in favor of a CoT portal instead.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=5081.0

JohnnieRat

oooooooohhhh still don't think it'll save people from hating CoT tho

Arcdelad

about as useful today as a portal to moonglade....

Vengeance

Quote from: Arcdelad on March 26, 2008, 12:11:37 PM
about as useful today as a portal to moonglade....
I got there first when we were getting attuned to Ony/BWL a few weeks ago
Though I almost lost because I needed to find the spell first.

Nasanna

It looks like they're thinking about putting this in in patch 2.4.2.... from the Test Realm Forums:

QuoteMy lowbie draenei mage was able to obtain Teleport: Theramore and Portal: Theramore from a portal trainer in the Theramore tower on the PTR, and from what I hear Horde mages can do the same for Stonard. This is new and currently not documented in the patch notes.

My quick observations:
The Portal: Theramore spell currently uses the same spell effect graphic as the Stormwind portal; however, it's identified as a Theramore portal on mouseover and did send me to the Theramore tower.
Lousy example screenshot:
http://img153.imageshack.us/my.php?image=theramoreportalez5.jpg
Both the Teleport and Portal spells are available at level 35. This makes Portal: Theramore the first portal spell available to leveling Alliance mages, who don't get portals to Stormwind, Ironforge, and Exodar until 40 (and the same probably holds true for Horde).
from http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=6136333573&sid=1

Shadowwolf

It was on the PTR for 2.4.0 but they removed it on release for some reason.