Priest Helpful Macros

Started by Shadowwolf, May 17, 2007, 10:54:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowwolf

I use some of these on my Priest, makes some things a lot easier in raids and groups.

http://borkweb.com/story/wow-priest-macros

My most helpful one is when I am needed to keep something Shackled during an encounter as well as heal.

macro 1:
      /focus target

macro 2:
      /cast [target=focus,harm] Shackle Undead; [harm] Shackle Undead
      /stopmacro [target=focus,noharm]
      /script SendChatMessage(UnitName("focus").." is shackled! DO NOT BREAK!")

You could leave out #3 if you want, that just says what your Shackling to everyone nearby. Focus is a cool little feature to keep casting something on the focus target but not have to change your current target such as if youre throwing heals on the MT. Its 2 separate Macros, one to set the focus target and the other to perform the shackle.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Kothnok

My priest uses the following shackle macro:

/clearfocus [modifier:alt][target=focus,dead][target=focus,help][target=focus,noexists]
/focus [target=focus,noexists]
/cast [target=focus]Shackle Undead

Using this script, it will make your target your focus if you don't have a focus yet and cast Shackle Undead on it.  If you already have a mob focused, it will cast Shackle on the focused mob.  If you hold ALT down with nothing targeted, you will clear your focus (helpful if you accidentally focused the wrong mob).

I usually try cast this well out of range once the shackle mark has been given so that I can start the pull with my shackle target already focused and just wait for it to come into range before pressing it again to cast it.  This way I can have the MT already targeted and can start healing immediately thereafter.
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.

Nasanna

I use something similar on my mage for sheeping and added the line  /targetlasttarget at the end which made it so i could sheep or resheep without losing my current target.

fiere redfern

Works for banish, too! Thanks for posting that macro, koth - I used to have the same one on my warlock, but it was deleted with the new patch and I couldn't find the original script on wowwiki anywhere >.<

Kothnok

I posted it here so I could easily copy/paste it for my mage someday and use it for sheeping.  With this macro, you won't need /targetlasttarget added to the end because you never change targets with it.  "/cast [target=focus] x" will force spell x to be cast upon your focus target instead of your normal one.
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.