Server down to 5pm PST

Started by Blacksky, December 05, 2006, 12:44:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khanus

Your next toon should Be "TB the Enforcer"  ;D

magnetite

Quote from: Thingiebob on December 05, 2006, 03:36:52 PM
Quote from: magnetite on December 05, 2006, 02:54:45 PM
Hope it's up by 7 server time, because my guild has an Ossirian attempt tonight. They got all excited after one shotting every boss in ZG yesterday that they are going to try for Ossirian the Unscarred (historically, they've gotten him to 30% or so, let's see if they can beat him tonight).

Magnetite, I'm not going to beat around the bush here. Your 'other' guild may be fine and dandy and powerful. You constantly posting about them here is rude. Plain and simple. If you don't want to be a part of our guild anymore, which is what this forum is about, then leave. I'm personally sick of it. If anyone else thinks I'm being rude about what I say here, so be it. At this point concerning these postings of his other guilds exploits, I don't care.

These forums are about Twilight and Twilights accomplishments. Not some horde guild on another server by a member of our guild who hasn't been on his character in quite awhile since we don't measure up to his expectations as a raiding guild, which we aren't a raiding guild.

Yes, mag, you can post this stuff here. I'm asking you to stop. Post it on your other guilds website where someone will actually care.

Hmm, well I guess I had good reason to leave or be kicked. If you guys don't want to hear from me again, so be it. But let me remind you this. This guild was started by friends of mine. Not by Shadowwolf. She was given GM status, and I'm sure that my friends would have no problem with me posting here. If you have issues with that, take it up with them.

Lovica

TB is saying we have no problems with you inputing advice about general subjects or subjects that are relevant to THIS guild but this is Twilight, not "Super Awesome Horde Guild on Another Server."  If you want to brag about their accomplishments, go to their forums and do it.  I agree with TB wholeheartedly that it does get old and a little rude after awhile.  If you have nothing good to say about Twilight on Twilight's forums and all the good things to say about this horde guild on Twilight's forums, then maybe you shouldn't be posting here.

Shadow is the current GM, so in ways she has some authority don't you say?  Just because you have "friends" who started this guild does not mean you have the right to come here and brag all you want and even if they might not mind, what about the other people?  Maybe some posters do take offense in what you say so you cannot just assume everyone's going to agree with everything that comes out of your mouth.  Maybe it's time to be considerate of other people and not just boast about how awesome your horde characters are.  If they're so wonderful, stop coming back because it seems to me you're just taunting us and that is disrespectful. 

magnetite

I'm going to be honest here, but ever since I left this guild, and even before then, I've felt some very harsh resentment towards me from other players, so I'll probably just quietly transfer my mage to a new server so I don't have to deal with this. I'm not being mean in any way, but I don't think this was the right choice for me at the time. I've got other friends who actually care what I have to say or do.

Khanus

...42 min until servers gradually come back up...maybe...

dharq

Going to have to agree with Lullah and TB on this one. It's all well and good to hear occasionally about how other guilds are doing, but when it becomes an all the time thing it needs to stop. And friendship with anyone in the guild doesn't give free reign or license for rude behavior. Sorry.

There's no hostility or resentment that I'm aware of Mag, but the tone of this post and the constant posting about your other guild's accomplishments are out of hand. We welcome you to be involved with Twilight, but you need to be as excited about Twilight as you are your other guild, or perhaps you do need to just transfer your mage and play with the other guild full time. We've known you for a long time now and consider you a friend, but in this, you're out of line.

TB's totally correct about this. The constant posts about other guilds people are currently in need to stop.

Tankgrl

So anyways...about the new talent trees... Which classes need to respec? Will I have to pay for my spells all over again?

:snowman_smiley: :santa_smiley: :reindeer_smiley: :elf_smiley: :ginger_smiley: :ornament_smiley: :snowball_smiley:

Darkling

Hmm, well I guess I had good reason to leave or be kicked. If you guys don't want to hear from me again, so be it. But let me remind you this. This guild was started by friends of mine. Not by Shadowwolf. She was given GM status, and I'm sure that my friends would have no problem with me posting here. If you have issues with that, take it up with them.
[/quote]

Magnetite, wow, you just do not know that I was a part of this guild when it started on Alexstraza. So if you want to rub histsory into my face concerning Twilight on Alexstraza, know your facts first. Shadowwolf, Lyte, Dharq, myself, and others started this guild here. I know the facts of Twilight on this server. So don't throw something out there that you know nothing about.

As far as you not liking Shadowwolf, which you have just made that obvious, too bad for you. Shadowwolf, Lyte, Dharq, and everyone else in this guild are an awesome group of people. You have missed out on a lot of good times here, as I am sure you will miss out on many more. You can think of me what you like. You can say what you want about anyone else in this guild. It just makes you look all the worse for wear when it comes down to personal character. You can't make this guild do your bidding by posting all your exploits, and you can't get people to leave this guild by the same methods. We are here to stay as we are and will always be. Suck it up or move out.

Muridin

its funny how this was about the server bein down ....

anyways, mag, no offence, but i do have to agree with lullah and TB, yea sure, you have friends in guild that started it, but that doesnt mean squat.
a friend of mine got booted from a guild he helped build becuase he wasnt as active as they liked, and my old guild, i have "friends" there too, but i dont go around posting about how fantastic Twilight is ( which btw is does, Twilight FTW! *coughs* *clears throat* )

but if you want to run away from a simple little request to stop bragging about the "awesome" horde guild on another server, then thats just purely cowardice, juvenile and insecure.

im sorry if this offends you, but the truth ofen does hurt

Grendeel

I looked at your post and knew it irritated me but couldnt quite put my finger on why.   Then i asked myself whats the purpose of your post
Quote from: magnetite on December 05, 2006, 02:54:45 PM
Hope it's up by 7 server time, because my guild has an Ossirian attempt tonight. They got all excited after one shotting every boss in ZG yesterday that they are going to try for Ossirian the Unscarred (historically, they've gotten him to 30% or so, let's see if they can beat him tonight).

I see no benefit to Twilight from this post.  I see no relation to personal achievment in it (in fact, you referring to it as they instead of we,  indicates you dont feel part of that guild either).   Then i reread your final post about our GM and "friends" of yours and realize the purpose of your posts is to cause disruption and dissention amongst our guild.  If i was a "friend" of yours, id be extemely mad at you for trying to disrupt our guild.

Its pretty clear to any objective person you are acting like a child. (I couldnt get what i want so im gonna try and ruin a great guild).   Grow up and move on.   Accept the fact our guild has progressed fantastically.    Accept the fact it was a guild decision not to be a hardcore raiding guild.     Accept the fact you didnt want to be a part of it.   Accept the fact you are happy where you are.    Move on and let us continue to move forward as the fantastic guild we are.  Any other comments like your last post just shows a little child pouting because he didnt get his own way

Its nice of you to try and put everything on our GM.  Unfortuneatly for you, we all realize issues are discussed and decisions are made from a conscensus of opinion.    So in effect you are critizing your "friends" by trying to blame the GM for all your problems.

So please in the future with your posts.   Keep it relevent to Twilight, and be happy for us.  And we will be happy for you in your hardcore raiding guild.

Zario

Stop me if you've heard this one.  "...oh, well my Shaman..."

Twilight rules.  Long live our super awesome, non-raiding oriented, most kick-buttiest group of people ever!

Lovica

Quote from: Zario on December 05, 2006, 04:31:56 PM
Stop me if you've heard this one.  "...oh, well my Shaman..."

*Stops Zario*

magnetite

I remember you guys saying to keep in touch after I left. I am keeping in touch with you by telling you how stuff is going. Seeing as my mage is inactive right now, this is what I'm working on. I don't see with what I said is being out of line. I'm not coming on here posting on a daily basis on how my guild is doing. It's a once a week thing, if that. Now, comments such as "I'm really sick of...", I don't see how this could be the same way as rude or whatever. My post was non-threatening and in no way meant to harm anyone. But hey, if you don't want to hear from me again, I won't post here. The site will be blocked and all.

Kaethdorala

I thought this was about the extended maintenance? I'm so confused :-\ :-\ Long live the leg!
:leglamp: :leglamp: :leglamp: :leglamp: :leglamp: :leglamp: :leglamp: