gear for my almost 70?

Started by kajunlady, January 08, 2008, 03:41:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kajunlady

Well at long last Kajun is about half way to 70 ( a very long grind on holy) i am now in the process of getting keyed for kara and i was wondering where should i start going to get some good holy 70 gear for her i have a 2-h holy weapon (the oathkeeper) havent used it yet and not sure i will. on holy gear i have maybe 7k health with the kings buff and mana would possible be at 9k with a wisdom pot and kings.. i have no enchants at all ( waiting on good gear and to be 70 before doing all that ) so if yall could give me some ideas of where to go i would really love it..

thanks in advance
kajunlady

" The Hardest Job is watching day by day your children grow up and wondering if you really did do all you could for them"
unknown

" I did it because I can, I can because I want to, I want to because you said YOU said I couldn't"
UNKNOWN
"The futue is not something we enter,but something we create"
UNKNOWN

Nixphire

Instances instances instances! That's where you get most of your stuff. There are a few good blue quest rewards as well. Check it out here http://www.wow-loot.com/paladin.htm

kajunlady

thanks nix that site helped alot i know have an idead of what i would like to get

" The Hardest Job is watching day by day your children grow up and wondering if you really did do all you could for them"
unknown

" I did it because I can, I can because I want to, I want to because you said YOU said I couldn't"
UNKNOWN
UNKNOWN

Tolwen

As Nix said you get most of your items from instances but they're always a few good things that blacksmiths, LW, tailors,... can make for you that will last for a long time. I personally wouldn't spend gold on buying items from AH though.

kajunlady

thanks for them links nas.. oh and 1 more thing its better to get the blue item geams when i have epic gear that ill use for a while right?

unknown

UNKNOWN
UNKNOWN

Nasanna

Yup, I'd buy green gems (the 1-5g ones) for your blue gear, then put blue gems in epic gear, unless its a piece you know you'll be using for a long time. I don't think 40g is worth it for the minimal upgrade.

Ex:
[item]Teardrop Blood Garnet[/item]
~1-5g

[item]Teardrop Living Ruby[/item]
~40-50g

Trismus

I really don't think I can say it better then Nix, instances are the way to go, at least to start.

We do Kara alot, so focus on getting your attunement completed. Given that many of us need only one or two items out of Kara there's a decent chance you'll get 2, 3, maybe even 4 or more items your first run alone. Follow up runs over the course of a month can get you mostly epiced out (assuming the right stuff drops, #$%^ you [item]Gorehowl[/item]).

In that regard, the best advice I can give is this: Get Atlasloot, and figure out what items you want from Kara and what bosses they come from. That way you can focus on instances that give upgrades to slots which might take longer to get epics for (such as a breastplate, possibly). That also helps with the loot process, not knowing the loot tables of the mobs can be a real drag, especially if you miss the roll on something it turns out you'd want (or for that matter, rolling on something which is useless to you).

Also, once you get your heroic keys (shouldn't take too long, just a few runs in the level 70 instances if you don't already have the faction) you have access to a myriad of kara-level loot obtainable with half the people in 1/4 the time. The only problem with this is that Heroics require a certain gear level, so until you've been on a few kara runs it might be tricky. Then again, that also depends on the instance (Heroic SL = the sux whereas heroic SP = free loot).

One last thing on crafting; there are some very decent options available. Holy Paladins are not something I'm particularly proficient with, in any sense of the word, but you might want to check out some of the stuff available to you such as [item]Khorium Pants[/item] [item]Khorium Belt[/item] [item]Khorium Boots[/item].

There are also some BoP items from smithing and from Engineering that might be useful to you.

In terms of gemming, never put a green gem on a purple item. You're sacrificing stats, which on one or two pieces might not make a difference but on 5-10 pieces can make a huge difference. Unless you're simply putting gems in as a temporary thing (i.e. gonna last an hour or maybe a day) you're taking your edge off, which can mean the difference between dieing an living, keeping someone else alive or letting them die, etc. Most items in WoW don't give HUGE bonuses themselves in a class-defining way (there are exceptions, such as [item]Stormherald[/item] for warrior pvp) but when you add up all the items you have, you get a huge difference. Gems are the same way, spending the extra 50g per gem for blues may make you pause, when the green gems are only 1-2g, but it really is worth it.

Edit: Heck, I'd buy purple gems for 300g if they were available regularly, but most epic gems come from instances / honor. Oh, that reminds me:

GET PVP GEAR!!!!11111omgzwow!11!!!1

tbh I'm not sure how much of a difference it makes for paladins, but for me it was the difference between being baggage on a raid and being an actual asset. Here is some season 1 gear you can get just by scrub-grinding BGs all day long: http://www.wowwiki.com/Paladin_Gladiator's_Sets This includes stuff like [item]Gladiator's Ornamented Headcover[/item] and [item]Gladiator's Ornamented Chestguard[/item] It only takes ~65,000 honor and 130 marks for the entire set, which can be obtained in a month of doing 5-10 BGs per day.

edit again: jeez, I keep forgetting stuff. Join an Arena team! Even if it's a wipefest and you only get 200 points per week, you'll still be able to get a piece of s3 gear every other month or so. It's not much, but then again it's not much time either and you're slowly obtaining t5/t6 equivalent items such as [item]Vengeful Gladiator's Ornamented Headcover[/item] or [item]Merciless Gladiator's Redoubt[/item]

-Tris

P.S. Some links to help you out:

http://www.thottbot.com
http://www.daviesh.net/atlasloot_enhanced
Most people think Marv is crazy. He just had the rotten luck of being born in the wrong century. He'd be right at home on some ancient battlefield swinging an axe into somebody's face.

Luise

Quote from: Trismus on January 08, 2008, 09:29:45 AM

One last thing on crafting; there are some very decent options available. Holy Paladins are not something I'm particularly proficient with, in any sense of the word, but you might want to check out some of the stuff available to you such as [item]Khorium Pants[/item] [item]Khorium Belt[/item] [item]Khorium Boots[/item].

There are also some BoP items from smithing and from Engineering that might be useful to you.

I can make you the Khorium items quoted above. Also you may want to talk to my son Eravion, who is a holy Pally.
He is awesome in arena. :)

kajunlady

Quote from: Luise on January 09, 2008, 04:51:03 PM
Quote from: Trismus on January 08, 2008, 09:29:45 AM

I can make you the Khorium items quoted above. Also you may want to talk to my son Eravion, who is a holy Pally.
He is awesome in arena. :)

Khorium Pants] [Khorium Belt] [Khorium Boots]. yes i would like them just send me a list of the mats and ill get them to asap.. thanks

unknown

UNKNOWN
UNKNOWN

capnpop

The khorium set is kinda expensive (with khorium bars and all, along with primals...).  Your best gear right now is gonna be quest rewards for lvl 70 quests and some other (hopefully cheap) drops...

I'd start with
http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=10439

Those are the leggings I currently use. You won't find any better on the AH.

You may want to start looking for Black Morass (regular) runs as well.  There is a very nice trinket that drops off of the final boss that provides +healing and a chance for a haste proc. 

I have more, but i'm tired...

Air

If you ever run Black Morass and need a tank, my paladin Airsick needs it for the rep.
"Don't be a Dick." - Wil Wheaton
"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." - Will Rogers