Season 5 Arena/PVP gear

Started by khader, December 16, 2008, 09:07:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

khader

The new Arena season is supposed to start today.  Does anyone know if the arena/pvp gear from the wintergrasp boss will have the rating requirements applied to it?

I won [item]Deadly Gladiator's Plate Chestpiece[/item] the other day from 25 man pug of Archavon.  There was no rating requirement in the tool tip but on Elitist Jerks site there's a post with costs and ratings needed for the S5 gear.  The chest piece appears to need arena rating of 1970 or higher.  I've not done any arena's and it's highly unlikely I would do enough to get that rating.  Just wondering if anyone has found a post or has information about how Blizzard intends on handling the highend arena gear drops from the raid boss.

un4

You only need the rating to buy the gear.  If you drop down below the limit, you can still wear it.  Since you already have the gear, you don't need to worry about the rating.
un4

Trismus

I'm actually kinda peeved about the new rating system, to be honest.

I do believe arena should yield the best pvp rewards, and certain items such as shoulders have prestige associated with them, but the top 0.5% of players are going to win regardless of gear advantage. The rating requirements seem to discourage casual pvp, which I find highly objectionable considering everything else is fairly casual.

Getting 2k+ rating is the hardest thing I have ever done in any game, and required more effort then most RL thing's I have done. I'm not sure I want to go through all of that again, heh.

-Tris
Most people think Marv is crazy. He just had the rotten luck of being born in the wrong century. He'd be right at home on some ancient battlefield swinging an axe into somebody's face.

JohnnieRat

the requirements rather obscene for a lot of the gear

Nasanna

No, the rating is not required. I got [item]Deadly Gladiator's Ringmail Leggings[/item] which supposedly require 1900 rating. I don't even have an arena team right now and I can wear them.