Previous topic - Next topic

capnpop

Farming:
40/21/0: Spec Link

27/34/0: Spec Link

DPS/Group/Group PvP/PvP:
41/13/7: Spec Link

7/13/41: Spec Link

The best quality farming is against mobs that hit for under 300 and die from one round of DoTs.  If they hit for under 300 (non-crit)you can pull nearly as many as you want.  With the 27/34/0 spec you need to have soul link going to mitigate some of the damage and watch the HP of your pet (VW recommended but isn't there to tank).  With 40/21/0 you sac the VW for the health regen buff.  I can usually pull 3-6+ mobs at a time, but there are also only 3 alive at any given time (they die too quickly).  Both specs are set up to maximize the amount of damage done by all forms of DoTs.  27/34/0 does more damage but also requires your pet staying alive (before some of my recent +dmg items I would take 10000 dmg, heal 5000 dmg, and my pet would take 2000 dmg) which can involve some downtime.  With 40/21/0 I have about 1 min downtime every 30 mins.  That 1 min consists of re-applying wizard oil, fel armor, getting my food buff, re-casting my VW, draining all his mana, and saccing him for another 30 mins of health regen.

DPS builds are a little bit different. The DoT (41/13/7) build is nice but I constantly drew aggro with it (lack of improved drain soul prolly).  It's a good build with very good sustained DPS potential.  The Destruction build (7/13/41) is great for fast fights but anything sustained tends to suffer (out of mana quite a bit and life tapping a lot).  You'll also grab aggro if you aren't careful (despite Salvation and talented 10% reduction). Solo PvE the nuking potential is great and everything will die before it gets to you if you get 1 or 2 crits.  In PvP the destruction build shines for single targets, but you suffer from a smaller mana pool and the inability to save yourself from multiple opponents.

If you have any more build ideas, let me know.  I've done the demonology builds (0/40/21, 21/40/0, 7/41/11+2, 17/41/0+3) as well as various other builds (7/31/21+2, 0/34/21+6).  Basically, if you suggest it to me, I'll give it a shot if it makes sense and give you and idea of how it works (what you'd like to do with the build would be great, if it's a PvP build, PvE build, solo or group...).  Chances are, I've already done it or considered it (the ones I haven't done are 30/0/31 or 31/0/30 since I can't give up fel armor.  It also seems hard to improve both nuking spells (incinerate and shadow bolt) when only one is used at a time.

KittyPurple

I've always been a huge fan of demonology, but was disappointed recently when i cam to a realization. The felgaurd is a noob. He's on of those warriors that claims to be a tank, then tries to dps, dies too easily and fails to hold aggro. For tanking I'll stick with my prot specced friend the voidwalker. and if i want melee dps that badly, i get eye candy too!  :D

I've spent alot of time on the talent calculator, deciding rather than look at what other people had done, I'd decide for myself. and looking at capn's builds, mine are almost identical..

my latest spec is 21/40/0 its not a powerhouse, but its very versatile and gives me a few talents I really like like improved VW. improves his taunt by 30% he actually holds aggro now. and siphon life... i love siphon life, with enough improved spell damage, mobs can't hurt you... at least the weaker ones.
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/warlock/talents.html?1502222012030100000002352330133250103001300000000000000000000000
i decided that mana feed and soul link were better than master demonologist... I'm sure it can definitely be improved, but it a build i'm accually happy with and enjoy playing