Def cap? no more def cap?!

Started by Tolwen, October 14, 2008, 09:25:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tolwen

So are we gonna be crit immune with 3/3 survival of the fittest only and no need for +def items anymore?

Arcdelad

where is your source tol? if thats the case then great!

Tolwen

I checked the talent calc on mmo-champion

fiere redfern

The max rank of [spell=33856]Survival of the Fittest[/spell] was increased from a 3% attribute increase/3% crit chance decrease to 6%/6%. I don't know the theorycrafting to be able to say "yeah that makes us uncrittable without +def gear", but it's a pretty big change  :One_eye_ghost:

Edit: Yeah, brainfart. Druids need 5.6% crit reduction to be considered crit-immune, which was previously attainable through the 415 defense rating. Now, however, we receive 6% crit reduction naturally, and so only have to worry about agility/armor/stam when considering gear.

Arcdelad

well nice! guess i need to re-enchant some stuff now hehehe...and that makes your ring tol pretty good lol

Tolwen

Yesss! I'm gonna at least have 150 more stam tonight :)..can i put the ring in trade with you now?:D lol

Arcdelad

lolol...sure...but you may not like the items i put on my side :P

Tolwen

Arcdelad

to clarify though, emmeralds chart is STILL accurate - it never differentiates whether or not you have enough DEF to be crit immune...

so...if anything using emmerald is now a LITTLE easier, becuase thats one less thing to worry about...STA and AGI are still kings though...DEF is NOT a bad stat to have on an item though...