Loladin

Started by JohnnieRat, December 09, 2007, 05:51:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnnieRat

So some of yas have heard about how I'm thinking about respeccing to Ret to test out its raid viability 1st hand. Was seeking some advice on a PvE spec for it and here's what I came up with preliminarily http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sxZxhZEf0th0uiIot
Had to get imp devo aura  (would use it more than shields) to get the 3% to hit which is pretty huge. Any critiques or suggestions?

Muridin

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Alexstrasza&n=Muridin

this is my talent spec, been using it since pre-bc release with that patch they had ages ago(2.0 i think), works very well for me i just dont have the gear to compensate and meet the full potential of a ret pally. but its a damage dealer nonetheless

kaylasb

It's a solid spec, with the right gear you are going to be able to do serious dps. I hope that Blizzard release soon the 2.3.2 patch to boost your dps  a bit  :reindeer_smiley:

Buzan

If ret spec ever becomes viable for raiding sign me up to.

Arcdelad

so a ret pally, a melee hunter, and an arcane mage walk into a bar....

Buzan

Quote from: Arcdelad on December 10, 2007, 08:09:48 AM
So a ret pally, a melee hunter, and an arcane mage walk into a bar....

Why all the hating on ret pallies Arc?

Is it because you loose to them in duels?!

Oh snap! :P

Arcdelad

lol...i lose to holy pallies that bubble themselves at 10% health definitely :P

i dunno...you used to do well as a ret pally, but you were mostly the exception...im not sold that they can be a viable and productive dps class compared to other classes / specs...would love to have someone dominate as ret though if it can be done :)

Vengeance

They are viable for raids. For ALL the +2% damage they give to everyone in their GROUP.

PS-heal while their in the bubble =P

Recent find-http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=53497
=O

capnpop

Quote from: Vengeance on December 10, 2007, 11:06:10 AM
They are viable for raids. For ALL the +2% damage they give to everyone in their GROUP.

PS-heal while their in the bubble =P

Recent find-http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=53497
=O

freaking awesome

great music with it too...

Arcdelad

well...im pretty sure that 2% would only be for that pally's group, not the raid, unless its some kind of blessing type deal (not sure the specifics of a pally)...if it is indeed raid wise than there is some value there, if its only for his group like an aura, then id say a rogue / mage / druid / hunter / warrior would probably out-dps that pally more than the 2% adder...

i seriously hope no pally uses "hey...i can bubble myself and heal" as a selling point for raid inclusion LOL....

i do plan on selling "hey...i can feign death and go make a sandwich while you kill this boss" with my hunter though....

Melonni

Quote from: Arcdelad on December 10, 2007, 08:09:48 AM
so a ret pally, a melee hunter, and an arcane mage walk into a bar....

Pfft. Deep Arcane spec (and not just using ~40points to amplify Fire/Frost, but actually using AM, Arcane Blast) was a very viable spec at the tier5+ level. :P

Arcdelad

hehehe...ive always been intrigued by arcane mages...i see frost mostly and fire mages otherwise it seems...on paper there are a lot of good talents in that tree....just wonder why more people dont spec that way....

maybe ill make an arcane mage to be different...

...right after i respec my hunter to melee.....

JohnnieRat

Theres a ret talent that makes a judgement cause 3% extra crit to the target by everyone in the raid and an aura that gives 2% more damage to the group. Crusader Strike also refreshes the other judgements on a target like light and wisdom so we can get all those on target also without having to refresh. If it doesn't work I'll switch back but based on what I've seen on videos with similarly geared ret pallies, we are usually top 1/3 of the DPS'rs and we don't pull aggro anymore with talents.

Buzan

I'm definitely up to respecing ret for one evening if you're up for a demonstration Arc.

Drygioni

The biggest thing for the success of a ret spec is having the proper gear. I went Ret for one solid hour but without changing all my enchants and gems to lose the +heal and gain +spell dmg and crit chance I didn't see much of a difference.