Pallie Tanking

Started by Nixphire, May 12, 2008, 10:32:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nixphire

Any hints on how to pallie tank? Attack rotation, buffs, auras, etc.  :Solid Chest:

capnpop

solo, use Seal/Judgement of Light/Wisdom depending on needs (need mana, Wisdom. Need hp, Light.  Need both, Seal one judge the other) when AoE grinding.

If you are OOM or low on mana using lower rank holy shield is nice to keep the blocking up there without the mana cost.  Auras, use ret or devo depending on how quickly you're dying.  If you die fast try devo.  If you can take a beating like a champ try ret. 

What I did while leveling was gather a pack, AoE them down with consecrate/holy shield while judging and sealing light and/or wisdom.  If i was oom or close to it i would find a single mob to judge and seal wisdom on to get mana while using a rank 1 holy shield.  it took a while for the mob to die but i regained plenty of mana (and potentially hps too if i switched to light in there).  then just repeat the AoE...I only judged when i got a new target or when i needed to regen hps instead of mana or vice versa.   

for tanking instances/heroics/raids...i tried and did okay, but i don't know how...some of our more knowledgeable tanks can help you there...