Health bars of pets not updating

Started by voctovian, March 12, 2007, 08:34:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

voctovian

I was wondering why hunter pets keep getting seemingly one shotted while I was grouped with them.  While they might actually be one shotted at times, it seems that Kaid's and my UI is buggy in that we cannot see their health.  They appear to be either full bar, or dead.  So, my apologies to all the hunters out there.  If you know of a workaround, please let me know.  If this is a known with an addon, please let me know so I can disable it.  Barring that, if a hunter could work with me to see if we can get accurate health bars back, we would appreciate it. 

TIA
Voc

Arcdelad

Tyban

Its just not you guys, Lyte mentioned the same problem. 

Might have been couple of weeks...ever since the latest patch i think.

Shadowwolf

Having the same issue as well. I noticed it when I ran Ramparts on Astrania in a PUG, the numbers went down but the bar never moved. I use ag_UnitFrames also so initially I thought it was that but now I see thats not the case.

Thread to the Blizz Bug Report: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=81958387&sid=1
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Shadowwolf

Someone posted a fix:

Quote from: Glaurung link="http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=81958387&sid=1&pageNo=5#98"Here is a quick down and dirty fix. I did not create an addon, Blizz may get on the stick and fix it so would not be worth it. Anyway, I added this to another, early loading addon (like !StopTheSpam):

local _names = {};
local _oldMaxHealth = nil;

function NewMaxHealth(unit)
if (unit == nil) then
return(_oldMaxHealth(unit))
end;
local s = string.lower(unit);
if (string.find(s,"partypet") == nil) then
return(_oldMaxHealth(unit));
end;
local x = _oldMaxHealth(unit);
if (x == 100) then
local name = UnitName(unit);
x = UnitHealth(unit);
if (_names[name] == nil) then
_names[name] = x;
return(x);
end;
if (_names[name] > x) then
return(_names[name]);
end;
_names[name] = x;
end;
return(x);
end;

Then in the initialize (or any load):

_oldMaxHealth = UnitHealthMax;
UnitHealthMax = NewMaxHealth;

This works for me (using ag_), hope it works for you..someone have time wrap it up in a real addon...
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Kaidelina

I really noticed this yesterday when i was running Steamvaults.  All i could see was a full health bar for pets regardless or their health, unless they were dead.   ???  Blizz was nice enough to inform me of the pet's demise AFTER the fact.  So essentially, the pets either have a full bar or no health at all.  So to all the hunters out there who's pets were neglected, my apologies.  Hope Blizz get's a fix for this soon.

Aldel

Quote from: Kaidelina on March 12, 2007, 12:45:32 PM
I really noticed this yesterday when i was running Steamvaults.  All i could see was a full health bar for pets regardless or their health, unless they were dead.   ???  Blizz was nice enough to inform me of the pet's demise AFTER the fact.  So essentially, the pets either have a full bar or no health at all.  So to all the hunters out there who's pets were neglected, my apologies.  Hope Blizz get's a fix for this soon.

thought you were just mad at our pets ;(

But yea, even for other hunters in group we dont see their pet hp either, instead we get some weird percentage like 4000%

Genoism

lol i feel bad for u guys now, now i realize the time we did the black morass together when my pet never got healed by you guys. Guess you weren't slackin after all ^_^
I noticed the same thing on my pally when i was running an instance and was asked to heal at one point...said the pet had 6000% hp lol... yes percent...The bar didn't move but the % was going down so that gave me a rough idea of when to heal

un4

We noticed that with Kitty's pet in the mana tombs yesterday as well.  Oops.  :Fire Elemental:
un4

Zario

I was going to say something about that too.  I was able to notice it when I was grouping Moonfanne and Zario together. 

Lyte

A few days ago I had to submit a ticket about a messed up quest I was trying to complete.  When I was speaking to the gm, they asked if there was anything else I needed to discuss with them and I took the opportunity to mention the problem I had with lyte not being able to see the pet's health bars changing and taking damage and that they always showed at full health.  He/she said it's a known bug and that they were currently working at fixing it.

Shadowwolf

They supposedly issued a hotfix on the realms for this problem over the last day or 2 according to the Blizz posts on the tech forum.

voctovian

It seems to be working now.  Hurray!!!

Genoism

Lyte

ya we had a group of guildmates doing a group quest chain in shadowmoon valley today around lunch time and geno's pet's health bar was still bugged.  So it's not fixed entirely.  :(