Main Menu

Shamans

Started by Dylon, December 14, 2006, 03:02:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dylon

Does anyone else besides me feel like we're getting the short end of the stick (we as in alliance) by them giving us Shamans that can be killed by anyone who has a decent understanding of there class, while they get paladin, a tough as nails class that can hold its own through almost anything..

now I know that brings up the point "well in the beginning we got paladins and they got shamans, so we'll still have paladins we'll just gain a dps/healing class"

True as that may be, Them having paladins will affect us greatly in pvp

We all know how tough paladins are to beat in duels, imagine that with a lock and hunter behind him sniping you while you march up to face them on the field of glory aware of your certain doom

See we may already have paladins..but them gaining one of our best classes while we get one of there easiest to take down..doesnt really seem that great to me  :snowman:

ok thats just my opinion that there one of the best classes sorry if you dont agree :)

Shadowwolf

A good shaman isnt easy to take down  :D

Problem is Shaman for Horde is almost as popular as playing a Hunter on any faction. People think that its going to be easy to do and its not in either case, Hunters or Shamans. Youre hard pressed to find good hunters on any side of the fence, mostly because they all reside here  ]:D

Same goes for Horde, Shaman are a dime a dozen, but good ones are few and far between.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Emmalina

I think Blizzard is just seeking balance, as arguments have been made that Alliance PVE is easier due to the access to paladins, a very powerful PVE class, and the access to Fear Ward. Fear Ward may be a stretch, but I can see the complaint. I hate the PVP advantage Will of the Forsaken provides Undead, so for them to find Fear Ward equally unfair is....fair, in my opinion. I think it's a good move. People should be able to play the class they want for the faction they want.

I know the Horde doesn't need any favors in regards to PVP, but it's a hard to push the "it's unfair to us to make it fair for them" argument in this case methinks.

Emma

Set progress: D0/D1: 2/8, T1: 4/8, T2: 3/8, T3: 0/9, T4: 4/5, T5: 3/5, T6: 2/8, T7: 1/5, T8:4/5, T9: 3/5, T10: 0/5

un4

Lol.  Horde need to cry more.  I've played Horde and Alliance and I can say, without question, Horde is more powerful.
un4

MogtheMoogle

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Crying more

Cuz all my 60s are horde

Luise

I don't think it will make much difference in the long run- I still think we will win AV, and the horde premades will mostly dominate AB and WSG.

Skill and common sense are more important.

Darkling

Hey un4. Look at Mogs toon icons.

Rogue
Mage
Rogue

He/she knows what he/she is doing.

Arcdelad

a wise man once told me that a tauren shaman (becuase of stomp) is the most powerful combo in the game....dont be TOO quick to label them softies...

Darkling

Er, two shamans are worse...

MogtheMoogle

Quote from: Thingiebob on December 15, 2006, 04:54:07 AM
Hey un4. Look at Mogs toon icons.

Rogue
Mage
Rogue

He/she knows what he/she is doing.

Definitely a He unless you have money and good looks..  ;D

I dislike orc shamans more than tauren shamans.. the stomp is the least of your concerns as a mage, as a rogue, the stun resistance on an orc is retahdad.

Darkling

Very retarded. Helloooooo Blind!

un4

Quote from: Thingiebob on December 15, 2006, 12:39:11 PM
Very retarded. Helloooooo Blind!
Agreed.

I was just laughing about Mog's characters.

I miss our days screwing around together, Mog :P
un4

Vengeance

i hate epicced out shammys...every time i encounter one in BG there just soooo haaarrrrdddd too killl...
would really help if i could borrow one of them rogue stuns...
even when i draw them far from their totems, i still end up getting murdered while they usually have near full health. a regular shammy i could take down, but not every time  :-[ :-[

un4

The ones that really tick me off are the elementalists.  I'll be fighting a T-2 mage or whatever, when a shaman steamrolls up on his kodo, dismounts, and casts 2000 hp worth of lightning bolts in... two or three seconds.
un4

Quikslver

I don't think that the Horde getting paladins and Alliance getting shamans is a bad thing.  I believe it evens out the class playing field for both us and them.  Now we have the advantages of shamans and they have the advantages of paladins.  The thing that I believe is unfair is the racial talents that they are giving the Blood Elves.  Yea, it is nice to have a Draenai warrior who can heal himself a little, but what is amazing is the mana sap that Blood Elves recieve.  If a Blood Elf paladin was dueling a Draenai shaman, the Blood Elf wins by using that mana sap (which steals the Draenai's mana and allows the paladin to heal itself or attack again).  I just think that it is a bit unfair when the outcome of a duel is decided by the racial talents.