How come Alex is always one of the last servers to come back up?

Started by Lynette, October 30, 2008, 09:05:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grunkatze

Quote from: Lynette on October 30, 2008, 09:05:18 AM
WTH?
/agreed
I was wondering the same thing again and again !
That pisses me off.
"No more than 3 hours"
Congrats blizz, already 4hours!
2 times of maintenance in 2 days.... c'mon...

Vengeance

Look at the bright side...the server Illidan has been having constant lag/disconnects since even before the patch i believe...but then again, they got a massive thread for it
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=11296671237&sid=1

Iliessa

I used to think the opposite, months ago. Seemed like Alex would occasionally be one of the realms that wasn't down for full maintenance on Tuesdays and just have a 15 minute restart period instead, which was nice. That never happens anymore. Then there was the months where - at the EXACT same time EVERY morning - the server would start lagging out when you attempted to loot something.... since then we've become the 'red-headed step child' of WoW.

Shadowwolf

Illidown is an old server thats why. They never upgraded all the hardware on it, just parts. That server first went online in late 2004.

QuoteThe term "Illidown" originated from the horrendous amount of lag the server experienced early in its life during the busiest times of the day, which often resulted in a server crash. The queues during peak playing hours were also abominable, often reaching 500+ or even the 4-digit range; this occurred both immediately after release and later in the server's lifetime. Blizzard decided to open up transfers to specific servers to try and alleviate the high population problem (Stonemaul was one of the first server transfers ever offered, then Ursin more recently). Though this did help with the queue times, Illidan still frequently experienced high queue times during peak evening hours. Many of the smaller guilds evacuated due to the server lag and Illidan's high population. With the advent of paid server transfers, along with a year-overdue hardware upgrade, many of the lag problems have gone away making Illidan a better server.

Illidan is also the breeding ground for some of the most famous as well as the most notorious players. Most are quite noted to have very big egos, the greatest players, forum trolls, and the most famous players you've seen in warcraft movies.

Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Vengeance

Never knew most of that, lol...I did know about some of the more PVP-orientated people there, seen some too in a BG or two...one happened to be a double warglaive/s4 shoulders (or sunwell, perhaps...he carried gladiator anyway)rogue, who met my warlock while I was alone  :(