Can't Log On

Started by TheGeneral451, November 09, 2009, 05:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haderach

Im having problems getting on also

EDIT. still having problems. trying to get there >_>

"Lord of Snaxxramas"
"Who need's a real doctor when you have my machines and their scary needles?" Dr.Zed from Borderlands

Tony

QuoteIf you can get past the launcher, try this, just did it on two different computers:

Open the launcher, let it go through
Alt Tab
Bring up another WoW
Wait for launcher, log in
Wait for the patch to start updating, log out of the old one

Apparently this is working

Haderach

i cant get passed the launcher, it just freezes <_<

"Lord of Snaxxramas"
"Who need's a real doctor when you have my machines and their scary needles?" Dr.Zed from Borderlands

Tony

try this

Alright, here is what I did on Vista.

Right click on C:\Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft\Wow.exe (or wherever you have it installed, this is the default) and open it TWICE, both times as an Administrator.

You'll be brought to the WoW log on screen. Enter your log on information on BOTH screens, until you get to the "Updating Patch" screen.

Leave BOTH screens up- One screen will say "Restart Required", do NOT hit the Restart button. What this does is cause the other WoW screen to load the patch normally. After you have loaded the patch, Alt + F4 the "Restart Required" screen and you should be fine logging in.

from MMO-Champ

TheGeneral451

try this: say 3 hail marys, 5 our fathers, drink lamb's blood, sacrifice a virgin on your computers harddrive and do a rain dance.  It works!