Proposed blessings in Raids

Started by voctovian, October 27, 2006, 10:37:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

voctovian

I thought to simplify matters, we might have assigned blessings rather than clog up the raid channel with talk about who blesses what.  Here is my first cut at it, this assumes that pallies are mostly healing (hence Blessing of light takes high priority):

One   Two Pallies Three Pallies       Four Pallies                 Five Pallies            
              1     1       2      1       2      3       1       2     3       4      1       2      3       4       5
Warrior    Light Might Light Might K/San Light Might Sacri K/San Light Might Sacri Sanct Kings Light
Rogue      Light Might Light Might Salv  Light Might Salv  Kings  Light  Might  Salv  Sanct Kings Light
DruidFer   Light Might Light Might K/San Light Might K/San Sacri Light Might Sacri Sanct Kings Light
DruidCtr   Salv  Wisd  Salv  Wisd  Salv  Light Wisd  Salv  Kings  Light Wisd   Salv  Sanct Kings Light
Hunter    Wisd  Wisd  Light Wisd  K/San   Light Wisd K/San K/San Light Wisd  Might Sanct Kings Light
Pally OT   Light Wisd  Light Wisd  Might Light Wisd  Might Kings Light Wisd   Might Sanct Kings Light
Pally Heal Salv  Wisd  Salv  Wisd  Salv  Light Wisd  Salv  Kings  Light   Wisd   Salv   Sanct Kings Light
Priest       Salv  Wisd  Salv  Wisd  Salv  Light Wisd  Salv  Kings  Light  Wisd   Salv  Sanct Kings Light
Mage       Salv Wisd  Salv   Wisd  Salv   Light Wisd   Salv  Kings  Light Wisd   Salv   Sanct Kings Light
Warlock  Salv  Wisd  Salv   Wisd  Salv  Light Wisd  Salv   Kings  Light Wisd   Salv   Sanct Kings Light

I tried to arrange it so whenever possible, you would buff the same blessing to all or most classes.  This assumes that there are one or more pallies with protection talents.  If enough are not present, then we would either not buff or do sacrifice in some cases.
If there are any questions or concerns, please let me know

<<grumble proportional fonts.. >>>

Arcdelad

same language to me voc :P

voctovian

Ok, so the pagination didnt work... I am in the process of fixing....

Arcdelad

could you also provide a detailed list of what blessings do what? sometimes you ask me what I would like and I really dont know what any of them do...

voctovian

Heres a brief breakdown of Pally blessings

Might    = + 155-186 Melee attack power (depends on talents)
Wisdom = + 30-36 Mana / 5 sec (depends on talents)
Light     = + Pally Healing
Salv      = reduced threat by 30%
Kings    = +10% to all stats
Sanc    = Reduced damage taken by up to 24 per hit, will inflict damage to attackers for any blocked melee attacks
Sacri    = Transfers damage per attack from the target to the pally who casts it (only lasts 30 seconds though)

Kaidelina

Yea, that first post is a little confusing..... AND i am a pally lol.

ummm, think it may be easier to discuss this just before raids... 

Alas, i'm one to adhere to the KISS policy... (Keep it simple stupid). :)

:Bat: :Wicky_ghost: :Pumpkin: :Ghost:

Arcdelad

I thought your KISS policy was in reference to you and your husband :P

Drygioni

I dont think Blessing of light boosts the Pally's healing. it boosts the party member getting healed. I.E put it on tanks along with Might.

Kothnok

Purely opinion...

General Tank
Might (to increase potential tank threat), followed by Light
Sanc might be a good substitute for Might (or 3rd additional) if the tank is a bit shy of armor.

General Healing Druid
Wisdom, followed by Salv (getting agro is a killer)

Anything beyond 2 pally blessings I consider pure gravy and would gladly just leave it up to the player to use their best judgement.  Then again, I rarely ask for a blessing as I leave it up to their best judgement anyway, lol.
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.

un4

Rogues only really benefit from might and kings.  Salvation, I guess, could help, but I've never needed it.
un4

Shadowwolf

Rogues really need Salv on big bosses. Helps you guys from stealing aggro off the tanks.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

un4

Heh.  I've evasion tanked just about every instance I've been in, so I'll have to concede that one to ya ;)
un4

Shadowwolf

hehe, just ask TB, he can tell you how unpleasant it can be when the boss changes aggro from the tank to you. Most of them dont allow you to last all too long when they decide its your time to die, lol. Helps the healers keep focus on the tanks when they dont have to worry about you taking too much damage. I know on my mage, without salvation theres many times id have taken aggro from the tanks in 2 or 3 casts.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Genoism

Darkling

Quote from: Shadowwolf on October 30, 2006, 02:14:56 AM
hehe, just ask TB, he can tell you how unpleasant it can be when the boss changes aggro from the tank to you.

I run around like a scared rabbit when my feint doesn't rid me of aggro until someone else gets it. Then I'm right back on him dealing damage as usual. (while I am running around like a scared little rabbit, I am still hitting the boss. Dumb, dumb, dumb.)