Estimated Honor = lol

Started by Nasanna, January 23, 2008, 10:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nasanna

I found this and thought it was interesting: (For those who don't know, there is a PVP quest in Silithus to find glowy piles of sand and run them to an alliance/horde base for honor points- you also can't mount while doing this, you have to run all around the desert)

QuoteI am currently running sand in Silithyst. Aside from the hardcore PvP action this is clearly doing, it will also test the honor calculations.

Every time I turn in 1 sandlol, I get 19 honor. Exactly 19 honor.
So far I'm at 3 sand, and my estimated honor says 59. 19 x 3, by the way, is 57.
We'll see how this continues to fare, and see how it rolls over tommorow.

EDIT! THE EXPERIMENT BEGINS

I have just entered my tenth sand. Estimated honor reads 199.

I have recieved 19 honor from each sand pile. That is 19 x 10
Or 190.

Tommorow, if I have less than 190 honor, it will mean that I did, in fact, recieve less honor than I actually gathered.

If I recieve more than 190, it will prove that this game has no idea WHAT it is calculating.
It I recieve 190 honor, it will mean that ONLY the estimated honor is wrong, and provide PROOF that it is in fact overcalculating.

This is the experiment. We'll see how it goes

quoted from: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=4162887598&sid=1  if you want to read more about it.

Luise

There goes all my hopes of teaching the Mathematics of wow.
I like no.6 person's answer in the forum...but boy some of the others are painfully tedious.

un4

If you read your combat log, all the honor you receive for something is "estimated honor: x" unless you're getting the tick of +20 honor from AB or something similar.
un4

LastDyingBreath

yes, but his only honor for the day was 10 sandlol turn-ins, rated at 19 honor each.

10*19=190. 

He recieved 199 honor.

Nixphire

I didn't read the forum, but it could just be a bad rounding error if he did get 199 honor. It could be rated at 19.9 honor and for whatever bad reason it rounds down and only displays 19 honor per cap. Did he verify what he actually got in honor?

Nasanna

He posted this today, after the honor updated:

QuoteTHE EXPERIMENT IS OVER!!!!

That is before. You can clearly see the date and time and my estimated honor.
http://i31.tinypic.com/15hede9.jpg

http://i27.tinypic.com/34ngnyw.jpg
That is the result. As you can see, collecting 10 sandlol piles at 19 honor each has netted me 199 honor.
Sandlol? More like Mathlol.
The only way this could be possible would be if each pile is worth 19.9 honor... but why? Why would they do this?

All I can conclude is simply that even Blizzard doesn't know how the honor system works, and they sit alone in their cubicles hiding under desks sucking their thumbs, hoping it won't try to kill them next.

I can understand the quest might be worth 19.9 honor instead of just 19... but seriously, why wouldn't they just round it to 20???