good trinket and/or glove tinker macro all in one

Started by Oilslick, June 01, 2011, 03:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oilslick

I spent some time trying to find a good macro for my hunter's new super short 1 min cd gloves tinker, and all i found were alot of macro's that didn't quite cut the mustard.  I took the best of what i've learned and decided to work em out and come up with one that did exactly what i wanted, and nothing that i didn't want.

Basically, on use items all have a number assigned to them.  In this macro, 10 is gloves, trinket 1 is 13, and trinket 2 is 14.

#showtooltip Cobra Shot
/targetenemy [dead][noharm]
/stopmacro [noharm]
/stopmacro [dead]
/run SetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX","0")
/use 10
/use 13
/use 14
/run SetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX","1")
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
/cast Cobra Shot

Some trinkets put glove tinkers on super short cd's (similar to when you try to hit two trinkets at the same time, only one goes off - but the mini cd on the gloves is even shorter, and the gloves won't trigger any trinket cd's currently known), so the gloves go first instead of the other way around.

This macro will not waste your on use effects if you accidentally hit it out of combat, or while trying to shoot a dead or friendly target while in combat.   :laugh:

This macro will not spam you with voiceovers and messages on your screen telling you that "that item is not ready yet".

Just replace "Cobra Shot" with whatever attack or spell you tend to use fairly frequently and this macro will more or less maximize trinket and glove tinker on use  uptimes.

A note for healers, if you plan to use something similar you'll have to remove a few lines or change modifiers and target descriptions to meet your ends, such as to be used on FRIENDLY targets or mouseovers that are NOT dead to keep from wasting these cd's accidentally.