Spellsurge - Enchanting

Started by JohnnieRat, June 21, 2007, 12:04:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnnieRat

1) Anyone in the guild have this yet?
2) Anyone know where to farm this recipe? (Edit: noticed it's a world drop on Thottbot... boooooo)

If anyone stumbles across this recipe in their journeys... I will gladly buy it from you for a rather purdy penny.

Put 2-3 people in a group with this enchant... no one goes OOM

Grendeel

Some discrepancy as to weather this is stackable.  Also some say it has a 30 sec cooldown on procs.   Proc rate is supposed to be around 3% but most i read say its closer to 15%.   That said, it has an extemely low drop rate.

Drop Information: Hide/Show Hide
0.00% Chance To Drop. (21 in 818,673)
Found on 19 creatures in 10 zones.
Average level of dropper: 67
This item is part of global drop tables for creatures of a specific type, level range or zone.
Top 3 by Drop Percentage
Cabal Warlock: 0.02% (2) L: 64 - 70 Elite
Cobalt Serpent: 0.01% (1) L: 63 - 71 Elite
Dire Raven: 0.01% (1) L: 67 - 68

Arcdelad

21 in 818,673?!?

LOL...win the lottery first...then you can stay at home and constantly kill those mobs for months until its drops :P plus you have a better shot at winning the lottery......

voctovian

All it would take is two locks and someone with many, many bag slots to pick up loot.  Sadly, no spawn rate would be nearly high enough  :)

I dont know, they thought that pallies were OP.. a lock I was running with was up at 2k+ DPS for over 8 minutes on a boss.  Wait.. maybe they need to buff it.. that way they wont need nerf pallies anymore :)

<3 Locks

JohnnieRat

Blizz hasn't outright said what the mechanic on this enchant is as far as proc rate (if it's a straight proc rate or works off of a procs per minute) but it is confirmed that it is stackable. Most theories conclude that it's proc rate is based off casting speed.
As far as how effective this enchant is... it would almost have to go on a specialty weapon. As it is generally agreed to be better suited for healers to have (I don't agree since caster DPS is always casting too but whatever)... having this on a weapon designed for long fights (more mp/5 or spell crit [for a pally]) and then +81 healing on fights which demand bigger heals but doesnt't last as long. Granted this requires a person to have 2 really high quality healing weapons... which with more weeks in Kara and some work with Shatar is easily doable... I don't know how to link stuff but its the Exhaulted Healing mace with Shatar and the one off Maiden or theres another one that drops off Prince i think.
For a high level pattern, it is also relatively cheap in that it doesn't require any rare parts. Only 12xLarge Prismatic Shards, 10xGreater PLanar Essences, and 20xArcane Dust... so straight monetary value is high but the stuff is easy to find.