3.0.8 Updates

Started by Iliessa, December 13, 2008, 09:15:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iliessa

QuoteShaman

* Fire Nova Totem: Now no longer generates threat.
    * Healing Way: Now only one application is required to reach full benefit. No longer stacks.
    * Improved Water Shield: Lesser Healing Wave now has a reduced chance to trigger this talent.
    * Magma Totem: The damage and scaling has been increased and no longer generates threat.
    * Mental Quickness: Reduced the mana cost of instant cast Shaman spells by 2/4/6% and increases spell power by an amount equal to 23/46/70% of your agility.
    * Searing Totem (Rank 4) now does the proper damage for its rank.
    * Tremor Totem's duration has been increased from 2 minutes to 5 minutes.
    * Elemental
          o Elemental Shields: This talent has been removed. It has now been merged with Elemental Warding.
          o Elemental Warding: Now reduces all damage taken by 2/4/6%. Changed from only reducing Nature, Fire and Frost by 4/7/10%.
          o New Talent: Shamanism-Your Lightning Bolt spell gains an additional 2/4/6/8/10% and your Lava Burst gains an additional 4/8/12/16/20% of your bonus damage effects.
          o Storm, Earth and Fire: This talent has been moved up in the tree, and its talent points have been reduced to 3 down from 5. Wind Shock is also included in the range increase (with Earth Shock). The damage bonus to Flame Shock has been increased, up from 10/20/30/40/50 to 20/40/60.
          o Unrelenting Storm: point cost reduced to 3, down from 5. Now does 4/8/12%

And also for Elemental (posted by GC Friday Dec 12th):

[blizzard]Here is what we are thinking about to try on the PTR for Elemental:

Elemental Oath -- In addition to existing effects, now increases spell damage done by the Shaman by 5/10% while Elemental Focus Clearcasting is active.

Elemental Mastery -- Overhauled. Now increases the Shaman’s critical strike chance by 20% for 30 seconds. Cooldown remains 3 minutes. We recognize this might be a slight nerf in certain PvP situations where players relied on the shaman to nuke an injured person to death. Still, I'm betting most shamans will prefer the new design.

Glyph of Lightning Bolt -- No longer affects cost. Now increases damage by 4%.[/blizzard]

The Elemental Mastery overhaul is getting mixed reactions on the Damage Dealing forums. Basically the people focused on PvE like it and those who intended to PvP as Elemental do not. The Glyph of Lightning Bolt is also getting mixed feedback as well. It is a good glyph overall, but when you take into consideration what an Elementals current 'Must have' glyphs are - [item]Glyph of Lava[/item] and [item]Glyph of Flame Shock[/item] - then it forces the player to have to choose between the new glyph and the current best option of [item]Glyph of Flametongue Weapon[/item]. Seeing as they are giving the Shaman additional damage when Clearcasting is active, and Clearcasting only procs with a Crit, then this new glyph may not get much love.

EDIT: After some more thought I feel that I was being too critical of the new Glyph. I wasn't taking diminishing returns on crit into account when I made my earlier comment. So depending on playstyle and stats, I can definitely see the Glyph of Lightning Bolt replacing the Glyph of Flametongue Weapon.

Urmyboyblue

well Ele gets some needed changes...hanc gets hit with with a giant un-needed nerf bat, i like the AP scaling a lot more with SP then i did with Agility...dont have nearly as much