Patch 2.1.0

Started by Khanus, April 13, 2007, 12:49:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khanus

[blizzard]Shaman
"Earth Elemental Totem": This pet will now come into the game with full health, including that gained from a percentage of its master's stamina.
"Earth Shield": Adjusted the tooltip to indicate this ability works against all types of attacks, not just melee. This ability will also now properly trigger only from taking direct damage effects.
"Elemental Focus": This talent now reduces the cost of the next damage spell by 60%. It will also now trigger from bonus spells cast by "Lightning Overload".
"Eye of the Storm" (Elemental): Clarified the tooltip on this talent to indicate it only works with Shaman spells.
"Fire Elemental Totem": This pet will now come into the game with full health and mana, including that gained from a percentage of its master's stamina and intellect. It will also now properly get increased   
   stamina from a percentage of its master's stamina.
"Flametongue Weapon": This effect will no longer trigger while you are disarmed.
"Frostbrand Weapon": Rank 6 now properly receives increased effect from spell damage bonuses.
"Healing Focus": The tooltip has been adjusted to indicate it only works with Shaman spells. e.g.: Does not work with "Gift of the Naaru".
"Heroism": Training cost increased to match the cost of "Bloodlust".
"Lightning Shield": Ranks 8 and 9 of this spell now trigger correctly while mounted.
"Magma Totem": This totem will now correctly do damage on its 10th tick, right before despawning.
"Mana Spring Totem": Duration increased to 2 minutes.
"Mana Tide Totem": This totem will no longer sometimes grant mana after it has been destroyed. It will also consistently grant mana 4 times instead of sometimes 3 and sometimes 5.
"Healing Stream Totem": Duration increased to 2 minutes.
"Mental Quickness": This talent now correctly reduces the cost of "Purge", "Flame Shock", "Frost Shock", "Earth Shock", "Bloodlust", "Heroism", "Lightning Shield", "Cure Poison", and "Cure Disease".
"Nature's Guardian" (Restoration): Some spells and abilities did not trigger this talent. That has been fixed.
"Restorative Totems" (Restoration): This talent no longer gives a bonus to a variety of jewelcrafting items.
"Shadowguard": The rank 7 tooltip is now consistent with all other ranks of "Shadowguard".
Trainer Animations: All new Shaman abilities will now correctly play the training animation when learned.
"Water Shield": When a Shaman with this spell active is afflicted with "Cyclone", the charge burned will now grant mana.
"Windfury Weapon": Mixing two different ranks of "Windfury Weapon" while dual-wielding will no longer increase the number of "Windfury Weapon" procs.
[/blizzard]

Nothing really special except the slight nerf of Elemental Focus, which is uncalled for. Mana totems and HP totems will now be more useful with a longer duration, hopefully the mana cost remains the same. Other than that, they just fixed some bugs. Next patch prediction...Shamans have been removed from the game, all shamans will be granted a level one toon of any race and class they choose.

Vengeance

That would be good, but Id miss the kills. Me, I be hoping for a nerf in the lesser helaing waves....

Khanus

Really they should buff the resto tree like crazy, but then take away all our healing abilities. Also they should take away out ability to carry melee weapons and make out Lightning bolt a 14 second cast and maybe reduce the damage it causes a bit, like say the highest rank does 33 damage.

Khanus

That too dep they need to increase the cast time of our lesser healing waves. I respecced resto, and was enjoting it, until I realized the reason why I specced resto was to survive more than 5 seconds in pvp. So much for being an offensive Hybrid. After grinding out 10k honor yesterday and about 3k today I also realized that I'm wasting my time. I think Yakov is going in the hangar for a while at least until Blizzard tells Shamans wtf they are thinking. I really enjoyed Elemental and the DPS I could do, but I did not enjoy getting killed without even having the ability to defend myself 90% of the time.

dharq

Suggestions. Give me feedback. Please. :)

http://talents.unleashedgaming.net/?p=vt&i=18588

Also...
Elemental Focus - After landing a critical strike with an offensive spell, you enter a Clearcasting state. The Clearcasting state reduces the mana cost of your next damage spell by 66%. - This skill would be trainable at level 20.

Fist of Air (Rank 1) - Casts a blast of air at the target for 100 to 121 Arcane damage. Trainable at level 40. Costs 110 mana. 30 yard range. 1.5 second cast time. No cooldown.
Fist of Air (Rank 2) - Casts a blast of air at the target for 210 to 231 Arcane damage. Trainable at level 50. Costs 160 mana. 30 yard range. 1.5 second cast time. No cooldown.
Fist of Air (Rank 3) - Casts a blast of air at the target for 320 to 341 Arcane damage. Trainable at level 60. Costs 210 mana. 30 yard range. 1.5 second cast time. No cooldown.
Fist of Air (Rank 4) - Casts a blast of air at the target for 430 to 451 Arcane damage. Trainable at level 70. Costs 260 mana. 30 yard range. 1.5 second cast time. No cooldown.

Totem of Wrath - Summons a Totem of Wrath with 5 health at the feet of the caster. The totem increases the chance to hit and critically hit with spells by 2% for all party members within 20 yards. Lasts 2 min. - Effectiveness reduced from 3% to 2%, but would be trainable at level 60.

Earth Shield - Protects the target with an earthen shield giving a 30% chance of ignoring spell interruption when damaged and causing melee attacks to heal the shielded target for 270. This effect can only occur once every few seconds. 10 charges. Lasts 10 minutes. Players may only have one elemental Shield on them at any one time. - Trainable at level 50.

* All Elemental Shields (Lightning, Water, and Earth) will have a mechanics change to allow players to have one shield active at one time. Shields from multiple shaman do not stack. A single Shaman can shield any number of other players.