Tanking Shoulder Upgrades?

Started by fiere redfern, January 13, 2008, 02:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fiere redfern

I was doing some looking into gear upgrades for Fiere (as opposed to doing homework... sigh) and found something curious.

In looking at the Gurgleblaster site that Arc linked a while back (http://www.gurgleblaster.net/emmerald/Bear_High_Mitigation/Shoulder.html) it seems that my only options as far as shoulder upgrades go (I wear [item]Mantle of Perenolde[/item] atm with +str and +stam gems, as well as a +stam armor patch) are DPS/rogue gear or greens with random enchants. Eww.

I'm not all that big of a pvp'er (4500 lifetime HP ftl), so I'm looking for something achievable either by heroic badges, instance drops, or something I can farm mats for.

Any suggestions?

Vengeance

Do 10  arenas each week. Its not hard at all to get ~1300 points and then getting the s2 shoulders
Obviously your not into pvp but thats the only thing i can suggest aside from doing gruuls/VR repeatedly until T4/5 shoulders drop 

Arcdelad

unfortuneatly fiere, there other than arena sets and tiered sets, there arent any great tanking shoulders out there...

The tier 4 shoulders off of High King should be somewhat attainable, but if you want something more immediate you are really stuck with doing som pvp, either BG or Arenas.

I use [item]Merciless Gladiator's Dragonhide Spaulders[/item] with STA gems and those are better than the T4 ones...like Dep said, it wuld take about 4-6 weeks of arenas to get em...the S1 ones [item]Gladiator's Dragonhide Spaulders[/item] are great too, and you could probably BG for them casually in about the same timeframe...

Wish i had better news for ya..your kind of limited in your shoulder tanking options...

EDIT: [item]Shoulderpads of Assassination[/item] are another option (yes, they are rogue shoulders :P) but kind of low drop rate from Sethekk

Trismus

If you want You can join either my 2v2 or 5v5 teams for our weekly matches until you get the shoulders. We're only ranked 1400-1500 so it will take you a few weeks to get the shoulders but it only takes about 2 hours per week of time.

Besides, we can always use more druid  ]:D

-Tris
Most people think Marv is crazy. He just had the rotten luck of being born in the wrong century. He'd be right at home on some ancient battlefield swinging an axe into somebody's face.

Shadowwolf

Quote from: Arcdelad on January 15, 2008, 09:39:16 AM
EDIT: [item]Shoulderpads of Assassination[/item] are another option (yes, they are rogue shoulders :P) but kind of low drop rate from Sethekk

Ive been farming for those on my rogue for months now. They dropped for my hunter a while back and aside from the run I did with Uso last week I hadnt seen them since on any char =P

I gave up and started working on the Arena S1 ones.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

un4

I've run sketh around 60 times and seen them drop once... to be ninjaed by an oomkin.  I got the [item]Sun-Gilded Shouldercaps[/item] from BM, but I've only seen those as well.  I'd recommend either getting the PvP shoulders or the arena ones.
un4

Trismus

If you run the weekly bonus BG you can usually get the required honor in about 30 bgs give or take, which is certainly doable in a day or two if you have the time, or you can spread it out across four days.

That will yield you season 1 shoulders... just make sure it's not AV weekend, because that sucks.

If you want to run Arathi Basin you can probably get it in a week or less (depending on how many BGs you grind out). That will also give you the necessary tokens (plus some).

It's alot easier and quicker then arena, just yields s1 instead of s2.

-Tris
Most people think Marv is crazy. He just had the rotten luck of being born in the wrong century. He'd be right at home on some ancient battlefield swinging an axe into somebody's face.

fiere redfern

Thanks for the input, guys =)

Tris, I made a post in your PvP thread about perhaps joining one of your arena teams as a healer - my gear may not be up to snuff at this point, but I'm sure I could improve it easily as the heal-bot for a dungeon run or three. I'd like to go for the arena shoulders rather than the BG ones - for one it's a lot easier to schedule a time to play 10 games of arena in a week and then go back to homework, rather than find a day and hope that I can spend the next 8 hours or so going from one BG to another. Also, I'd much rather be with somebody I'm guildmates with than hope for the next BG to -not- be made up of immature idiots who think a broken caps-lock key is the key (pun intended) to winning. =P

Cheers,

-Fi

Arcdelad

one thing thats helped me learn how to pvp better is dueling before raids...these are people you know, so its not like your dueling strangers...i try to, if i have time, duel every single person in the raid to get in some experience across a bunch of classes and playstyles...

i used to be REALLY bad at pvp, now im only terrible, so its helping i think :)

Trismus

You... wanted to join one of my teams as a healer?

I think I just feinted.

I'm sorry, I don't know how I missed this fact, perhaps I was busy whining about Kara. I'm sending you an invite as soon as I see you online, and I'll get you those shoulders ASAP.

Arc said it perfectly too, pvp can be hard (especially arena) but with a little learning you can be great at it. Heck, we've all be improving and we might be able to get you those shoulders sooner rather then later.