Silvermoon City Raid

Started by Shadowwolf, December 21, 2007, 09:34:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowwolf

Hey all, wanted to say thanks for those who came. Was a lot of fun even with all the dying, haha.

Id say its pretty impressive we were able to take the city boss to ~50% on the first try before the horde showed up in mass and made short work of the 24 of us. Please throw up any screenshots if you took some, heres the one of the boss for posterity sake.

http://forum.twilightonalex.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/WoW_2007-12-21_23-23-09-52.jpg

Oh yea, and apparently the smack talk took all of 5min on the realm forum =)
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=3547669231&postId=35472310583&sid=1#7
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Trismus

hehe, the smack talk wasn't so bad, logged on a hordie alt and chatted with the guy for a bit, he was pretty cool actually. He was just frustrated because I took special care to make sure he died every time he resurrected, like any good PvPer should....

...or perhaps I'm just an @#$%hole  ]:D

-Tris
Most people think Marv is crazy. He just had the rotten luck of being born in the wrong century. He'd be right at home on some ancient battlefield swinging an axe into somebody's face.

Shadowwolf

Im pretty sure hed do the same to you if presented the opportunity =)
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Melonni

That was HUGE fun. :D I loved stomping through the city and imagining all the "the hell?" expressions on the hordies' faces.

Unfortunately, I was lagging too terribly to do anything other than the occasional spell at the boss room. :snowman_smiley:

un4

I'm totally feeling the spec use by the the rogue who's trash-talking Tris...
un4

sweetblood

that was definetly alot of fun.i wish i wasnt lagging so much either, it was tough to try to stay on the boss when my screen was just blinking, but all was good in the fun department..:D

Alassana

I
am
so
jealous!! :o
Why was I not online? I'll never forgive myself. Sounds like you all did a pretty awesome job with 50% and all, since that guy has another ?? guard or something with him too, doesnt he? If I remember correctly from when I was in there on my priest. Very impressed, just wish I had been online for the fun. *pout*
Maybe we can have an early morning christmas eve Org raid sometime. :P
Again, I am immensely impressed and jealous at the same time. Pie is completely called for.  :pumpk_pie: :pumpk_pie: :pumpk_pie: :pumpk_pie: :pumpk_pie:

Buzan

I think that room has 3 bosses that are ??.

And  there is also a ?? BE paladin boss somewhere in there too.

Good job indeed :).

Shadowwolf

Yea 2 bosses of ?? and a 73. We had the main guy at 50 and I think Fiere was OT the mage boss and we managed to get him to 75 or so, the other guy kept getting feared and whatnot, lol.

fiere redfern

Yeah, Khader and I were pounding on the mage boss pretty hard - though toward the end he dropped all aggro and started running around the room randomly >.<

Tons of fun on the raid - glad I logged on!

It's be awesome to do something like that again... maybe T'under Buff?  ;)

Buzan

I'm all up for Thunder Bluff!

Burgers for everyone, so make sure you bring your appetite!  ]:D

Muridin

Im so hungry, i could eat a whole kodo!!!

Arcdelad

part of the appeal of silvermoon city is that its like exodar...meaning noone is there :)

dry and i went in just us two before a ZA run one time and we didnt have anyone stopping us for a good 20-30 mins when a bunch of horde came from the undercity...

for you druids and rougues...find a good, out of sight place to rez, then go instant stealth...noone is camping your body that way :)

un4

Rogues!  Rogues!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

[paperbag]Sorry.  "Rouge" always gets me riled up, and there's been a huge rash of it lately. 

Anyhow, back on topic.  If I want to have fun without hordies, I usually solo-raid the UC or Org, but I think most of the fun comes from smashing in windows, robbing vendors, and raising barns with the hordies trying to find and stop you.[/paperbag]
un4

Lord Entropy

Quote from: Arcdelad on December 25, 2007, 03:15:06 PM
part of the appeal of silvermoon city is that its like exodar...meaning noone is there :)

dry and i went in just us two before a ZA run one time and we didnt have anyone stopping us for a good 20-30 mins when a bunch of horde came from the undercity...

for you druids and rougues...find a good, out of sight place to rez, then go instant stealth...noone is camping your body that way :)

I played horde for almost two years - trust me, there's no one in Thunder Bluff.a