Lurker down

Started by Shadowwolf, March 08, 2008, 12:55:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gutboy

Quote from: Lynette on March 08, 2008, 09:16:33 AM
I know I got plenty of heals while underwater as well as up top.  I got 1-shotted by an add (they hit hard) when the mob decided to smack me before I had a chance to vanish - was kinda funny actually (full health to dead in a split second).  Dunno about the other deaths, but I just found it funny that us 3 rogues were the first 3 to die.

Yeah, you were busy typing "Focus" in chat at the time.  :D  What helped me most was not worrying much about my lolprotdps and concentrating on not dying and being in the right place when the add showed up. But he couldn't resist smacking that rogue who was standing right there....

GB

"Impossible odds, mentally unbalanced foes, cramped quarters for a good punch-up... and people say Iest has no night life."
-- Cerebus

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God, they frighten me."
-- The Duke of Wellington

Shadowwolf

Yea that is really a melee unfriendly fight which sucks. Its also a pain for healers with people sometimes getting trapped under the islands and stuff too. Its somewhat nice for ranged dps because so long as someone is in melee range, you cant pull aggro as ranged, hehe, just like Murmur. We did really well though guys, all night, every try went well, was a steady improvement and we adapted to any problems and got it to work each time.

We need to help get our new members Kara keyed and geared up so they can join us more often too in the future runs =)
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Luise

Thanks Shadow for leading us through last night.
It was nice after bags and boots full of fish we finally downed him.
I find this one of my favourite fights being melee in the middle. If I jump in right near Lurker on the spout I can just keep hitting him underwater (it's nice to be plate). If I stay on his side I land far enough away from where the adds spawn so the tanks can pick them up.
Then he just kicks me back onto land- so even I don't get lost.  It must be harder for the islanders though.
The only negative is that he doesn't drop any badges- i think he should.

gossamer

HUGE GRATS TO ALL! :o

Wish I could have been with you all on that kill, workin GY shift this week...sounds like everyone did a bang up job.  Ill be on there next week with everyone hopefully get him again and another. O0 :Fosters_Pack: :Victoria_Bitter: :carlton_draught: :Fosters_Pack: :Victoria_Bitter: :carlton_draught:

Nasanna

Quote from: Luise on March 08, 2008, 01:56:33 PM
The only negative is that he doesn't drop any badges- i think he should.

All 25-man bosses will drop 2 badges (i think) in patch 2.4!

And thanks Shadow :)

Tolwen

Big Gratz all :Fire Elemental:!!!, I hope I can join you next week :)

Arcdelad

Huge grats to everyone! was very well executed and we defintiely crossed over the hump on this boss...

lets fill up tuesday's ssc run and do it again - and then go down the next boss :)

grats guys!!!

Thane

im gonna be outa town until the 21st of march. I should be on and off briefly. just wanted to send out a huge congratulations. good job guys.

Fleecy

I love being part of guild firsts and I'm really glad that some of the newer members got to join us for it also!!  :D

Great job everyone!!  Thanks Shadow!!