Anatomy of a wife token

Started by Arcdelad, February 22, 2007, 04:16:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcdelad

many people know that as part of my "wow" deal I cut with my wife, I have to watch two shows with her - heroes and grey's anatomy.

to my good fortune, though, a fortuitous plot twist on grey's has given me a sliver of hope that, much like illidan stormrage, I might find an out of this hellish scenario.

get this - meredith grey - the shows main star fell in the ocean in december and stayed underwater for like 40 minutes of the show...mcdreamy jumps in, pulls her out, and shes all blue and like dying (suspend reality - obviusly noone would be ae to be under that long)

now, here is my logic - if they kill off the title character, The show could END, thus releasing me from my pact. while I know this probably won't happen, I will be cheering like a raider fan in november for her death tonight.

but...I would miss katherine heigl.........yowza

Drygioni

I gotta say from experience that your deal could be augmented to include a new show even if "Grey's" goes belly up. 

She could use the old "the deal was two shows" arguing that they can be any two shows of her choice.

Sorry Arc, get ready to enjoy the Gilmore Girls spin off ;D

Jandris

Bad news from the reality front too - people have been known to survive cold water drownings when they have been under for up to an hour (in very rare case more than that even). The shock of the cold water puts them in a suspended state and they can be revived. The ER moto is you are not dead until you are warm and dead. Have seen this personally myself. So don't bother cheering - it's a waste of time.

Muridin

and thank you for ruining the next season for me arc =p

when im bored ill go out and watch it ...

now he is my little tale from last season ....

it is the finale, and some fatal heart patient guy proposed to the hot blondie.... he dies.....

but meridith sleeps with mcdreamy when she is dating the vet guy.... ok.... confused on that part *cough*whoare*ahem*

that asian chick cries .... big shock there, as i picked her out to be a heartless bitch ( just look at her face for 5 min, then you'll see )

and then there is that nervous guy that was in love with meridith, and the girl he is nowdating is weird ....

all in all, i prefer house and scrubs .... best medical shows imo

Lynette

OMG...what is it with Gilmore Girls and Grey's Anatomy.  These are the only 2 shows my wife watches (thus, I feel compelled to watch them with her from time to time).  Yet, she balks at Seinfeld reruns and anything sports-related.

I just don't get it.

un4

I detest both of those shows...
un4

Jandris

I am odd one out as usual - I don't watch either of those shows so I have no idea what you are all talking about. Second - I enjoy sports - esp football & hockey. I get strange looks from my co-workers so I have stopped asking "what are you talking about?" when they discuss shows. Guess I should have been born a guy .....

un4

I like you as-is  ;)

What's your NFL team? :P
un4

Luise

I'm with you on that one Jandris- I hate soapies. Prefer sports anytime...and wow. :)
Give me a good book any day. Decent stories like "Pride and Prejudice"- the book or BBC production...that's a different story.

But hey Arc...in all fairness- marriage is about love, trust and sacrifice...so why don't you guys spend some quality time together?

I'm divorced now- but have memories of having to sit through many Rambo/die hard type movies.

I'm far from perfect but even these days I still sit through teen flicks with my daughter, and even play school and Disney cartoons with the youngest.

Family is priceless...annoying at times...but priceless.