AQ

Started by Lyte, June 24, 2006, 05:39:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lyte

Does anyone know what's going on with the AQ gate event now that Strife split up and seems to even be having problems in their split groups?  Is Myst next closest?  or maybe a horde guild or something.  Just wondering if anyone has heard anything.

Shadowwolf

Looks like Myst is trying to jump in and grab the rope. Strawberry posted a topic on the Realm Forum asking for assistance. No word about the horde sides yet though. I have seen Triptych out in Silithus quite a bit while out there on Ayrn so maybe they are working that too. I think most guilds gave up knowing Strife was hard at work on it and when they ran into all that drama to no suprise to many it set the server back quite a bit.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Shadowwolf

<retract previous statement about Myst>

Apparently they tried to steal a World Boss (the Dragon in Azshara) recently and most of them got a 72hr ban. It also started a drama war between guilds so I am thinking Myst is the next guild to suffer a breakup. Funny how none of the original "Raiding Guilds" from when the server opened are still around should they break up next.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Lyte

Oh you mean another guild was fighting the dragon and Myst tried to take the kill credit from them?  wow. so rude :(

Shadowwolf

Yea, as I am seeing, apparently Zeal and Invictus teamed up to take it down, then Myst came along and tried to take it from them after most of them wiped leaving them to have to try and take it back, etc and it turned out to be a fiasco. Apparently when the dust settled many accounts had a 72hr ban.

un4

I thing guilds should be able to go to war.

Can't you just see the glory?  Say some dork guild is bugging the hell out of ya... your GM declares war, you get to PvP the members of the other guild whenever you see them.  Wouldn't that be amazing?

I know I'd love to put a few notches on my shiv for Twilight  ]:D
un4

Dragonswine

haha Dva that would be awsome and great then i could take out some Peace Keeper memebers that i dont like muhahahahahahahahahaha can you say Jeno that damn officer grrrrrr.i would pwn then bam shes gone muhahahahahahahaha  ]:D oh well but yea that would be a good idea oh and i never thought myst would do soemthing like that cuz i know a few members who are really nice. :( :o :-\

Lyte

Ya I have a friend in Myst that I've known since I was lvling up Lyte through the lvls.  And I just took a minute and went to the Alex realm server forum board on WoW website and my goodness.  A 13-page post of people bashing and complaining at each other over what happened with the world boss that shadow talked about above.  13 pages of it!  I'm glad I wasn't involved in all that drama...

Dragonswine

wow im gonna have to go read that. hehe oh this has nothin to do with this forum but IM SINGLE AGAIN!!!!!!!!! WIld and i are over and just want to be friends.oh well her loss.

Dragonswine

good lord i just read that 13page forum.man why do they all whine and argue its a game.why didnt they all just try to work together.i think i see a possible big time ongoing guild war in the future even if they cant attack eachother with weapons they can with words but i mean comeon i was gonna type something on the forum on there and say that they should have joined forces instead of arguing and whining over it but i kept my mouth shut again.oh well im just surprised that people would argue so much. :o ??? :(

Lyte

Ya best we just stay out of it all I think.  Don't want any of us being dragged into all that junk.  We don't really have any drama in our guild right now and I think that makes such a difference.  So much more enjoyable to play that way.  And the reason I believe they can't "join forces" is that it all comes down to greediness and loot.  Loot/drops really seem to cause a lot of arguments in guilds.

Dragonswine

Well yea you have a point about the greed thing.I was thinkin about it all again and Myst does have a point though about him coming after them then turning around and goin after the Zeal/Invictus raid group had a lock summon an imp who might have not been on the right state of mind or whatever it is(imp was on aggressive is what im tryin to say), so it all seems like a small mistake blown into a huge argument.I just hope they all get it straight and its all over soon so there is no bad blood in the future.

Shadowwolf

It all boils down to greed and ego. =P

Its going to happen in all the big Raid guilds, thats just what they breed really. Who gets here first, who kills what first, who does that first. Its all a self-created competition amongst themselves. Honestly I cant figure out for what really. All they get is bragging rights, but you know what, what does that get you really?

I know for a fact I was one of the first people on Alex to get an epic mount, as well as one of the first people to have finished my complete tier 0 Druid armor set, but you dont see me posting on the forums and shouting in game about all these other people buying epic mounts and getting thier Wildheart gear.

In the end, bragging gets you nothing except allows others to see just what kind of pompous ass you really are. All these people want thier 15min of fame, so much so they tend to lose sight of the fact that no one other then themselves really cares.

Dragonswine

Shadow you are my idol lol.Thats how ive been taught growing up.Im just glad this guild isnt like that cuz if it was i would be gone by now.Im glad to call myself a Twilight member.If i ever do get like that someone just beat the living daylights outta me.Anyway i wont be joining their guilds.Im stayin right here. :D ;D

Kothnok

wow.  well said, Shadow. =)

oh, and congrats on being able to brag about it. I remember how much work you went through to be able to say it, too.  Being humble about it shows quite a lot of class, imnsho.
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.