After the Nerf Specs

Started by un4given_one, December 07, 2006, 06:07:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khanus

Nice, our builds are pretty similar...well kinda not really lol. Lets see how this works out, I've noticed I've been missing a lot more all of the sudden for some reason as well.

un4

Were you combat spec before?
un4

Khanus

Not recently...I mean I've noticed a lot of misses since the last patch for some reason, I was assanation before the patch as well.

It dosent really matter much I suck at playing this class. I get owned by everything everytime...other rogues that are right in front of me see me before I see then even when i have perception on. Today according to Titan Combat info I miss about 15% of the time and after dodge and resists or w/e I eng up actually hitting my target about 78% of the time. Boo.

un4

We'll work together sometime and see what we can cook up to help you.  Might just be gear problems.
un4

Khanus

meh, its mostly just pvp. I do decent in pve most of the time.

Darkling

I use a lot of + to hit gear. really made a difference. IMHO, it's a lot better than +crit gear.

un4

Tell ya what: I'll get some of both and tell you what I find out :P
un4

Khanus

I think with any melee class +Hit is better than +Crit...for some reason people get hung up with crit gear though, mostly because they like to see big numbers a lot, but they dont realize if you can't hit the target it dosent matter. But geez last night on the AQ20 run I had 5 combo points built up and I missed Eviscerate 8 times in a row! Somthing is off there.

dharq

Generally speaking, you want at least +8 to hit (80 hit rating) in order to minimize misses against even lvl targets. After that, you can focus on +crit gear, but make sure to get at least +3 to hit first... the other 5 you can get from talents if you'd rather have the +crit gear. ;)

Fewer misses means faster combo pts, faster combo pts means more big hits. Like Roxae just said, +crit doesn't matter at all if you're missing 8 eviscerates in a row.