Potential Specs and unused talents

Started by Darkling, May 08, 2007, 11:17:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkling

As I have discovered doing all 3 41-point talents, all are very viable for pvp/pve as long as you take the time to learn to use the different trees properly. Each has strengths and weaknesses. My best advice is to go with what you are comfortable with.

Now, what talents have you never even bothered to use or try out?

Vengeance

Genoism

worthless stuff that i've tried out before
relentless stirkes
imp ambush (imp bs is way better anyways)
weapon expertise (haven't tried but its crap!)
setup - worthless....really
vitality - worst talent EVER

Darkling

Relentless strikes is great when leveling or if you do a lot of pvp. 20 seconds for bonus damage is useful, expecially when coupled with 5/5 in camouflage. Restealth, ambush...

If you have cold blood talent, imp ambush isn't necessary if you want a mass damage opener. If you are sub specced, imp ambush is very useful if you open with ambush attacks. Imp BS is great as well, 50% + chance of a critical strike with a decent dagger can give upwards of 2000 dmg.

Weapon expertise is worthless since they changed what weapon skill actually does, which is virtually nothing. I agree on this one.

Setup I actually use now. Fighting Onyxia last night, I was building combo points faster than my energy was regenerating. If you don't use ghostly strike or are prep spec, I don't recommend setup.

Vitality has its uses as far as additional stamina goes, but if you are hitting it up for extra agility, goe sub.

I personally think Blade Twisting is the worst talent yet. Daze a target for 8 seconds...boo. Crippling Poison slows them down for 12 seconds. save the talent points.

Ummm, there are others I can't remember right off the bat that I found useless, oh, Cheat Death..pointless. Especially in PVP. Master of Shadows is a much better talent. Extra damage is always nice.

un4

I've never used cheat death.  Dirty deeds is nice, sure, but I don't think it's worth the talent points.

Vitality is amazing.  When I was combat swords, I had 8k HP in Hellfire.  I have about 6.7k now.
un4