Blizzard Raid UI Windows Stuck Fix

Started by Shadowwolf, September 26, 2007, 06:24:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowwolf

Got a fix for those of you having the problem of the Blizzard Raid Windows being stuck on your screen.

Locate and delete the following file on your machine and reload WoW:

[color=blue]<WoW Folder>[/color]\WTF\Account\[color=red]<AccountName>[/color]\Alexstrasza\[color=green]<Toon>[/color]\SavedVariables\Blizzard_RaidUI.lua

Blue = The location on your hard drive the WoW folder is at

Red = Your account name (the name you use on the login screen)

Green = The character name of the character you are having the issue on

You need to be completely closed out of WoW before you delete these files. Deleting them while logged on wont fix it as WoW will resave the corrupted file once you exit again.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Amberyle

TY shadow this worked  ;D  You do have to delete it for every toon you ever raided with tho the others didnt have the file there.  Thanx!!

Buzan

Thank you very much Shadow.

This cleared every problem I had involving the default WOW raiding UI.

Again, many many thanks!  :carlton_draught: :Victoria_Bitter: :Fosters_Pack:

Arcdelad

thanks shadow!!! it worked!

is it safe to pull those classes out again? can i do it in AG frames instead somehow?

Nixphire

Wow, I'm going to need to try this out when I get home. I was in a few BGs and they were stuck over top my character, talk about driving me crazy!
Thanks

Buzan

Quote from: Arcdelad on September 27, 2007, 05:59:47 AM
Thanks shadow!!! it worked!

Is it safe to pull those classes out again? Can I do it in AG frames instead somehow?

Yes sir, I tested everything in regards to this yesterday evening after I fixed it by reading Shadow's post.

Everything works just like before...it's ....it's like it never happened!!!

Thx a mill again for the fix Shadow!  :carlton_draught:

Shadowwolf

You should be able to pull them out again and it work like it should. Im told this happens when that file gets corrupted. It happened before a few patches ago when they added then removed the MT option on the Raid UI when they seemingly wanted to find a reason to replace CTRaid. If it breaks again youll just have to redo the fix.

I think AG_Unitframes can sort groups by class, but im not sure, I never really did it.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess