PvP attack rotation

Started by capnpop, October 17, 2007, 08:52:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

capnpop

So, arms warrs (namely you MS-type pvpers) what is your normal spec and attack rotation? 

I found a warr better geared than I was and in 4 duels I won 1 of them.  What I experienced was either an intercept right away followed by hamstring, MS, ect... or he would stand on top of me (???) and just bloodrage and hamstring right away. 

I tried a few things to get him off of me.  I used my deathcoil and a netherweave net a couple times to get him off and hold him off for a little bit.  I also tried a double VW sac (although i spent half the time looking for my buttons :S).  I think he was an axe warr sporting mainly merciless gladiator gear.  Drain tanking worked okay but he simply ate through my hps faster than I could bring him down (he was normally under 10% hps left at the end).  I didn't try fearing ever (fear + warr = immune in my experience) and when I was channeling he pummeled like a champ (when it was available he never missed an opportunity).

Should I respec destruction and try a quick burn of the warrior? Death wish doesn't stop seduce from stopping him but he was sporting the pvp trink (meaning seduce > trink > seduce again).  It gimps my hps and survivability quite a bit (less 20% mitigation and I lose about 1000 hps + another 1k from gear changes).  If I was familiar enough with destruction builds I *could* seduce > Nuke > shadowfury > nuke > Seduce >  nuke > net > Nuke > /pray but that is something that will come with experience with the build (something I haven't given myself time for).  So, warrs chime in.  How do I beat you if you have better gear? Is nuking viable?  Affliction and SL/SL are just too slow (even worse come 2.3).  Demon is okay, but lacks nuking power, more of a gimped SL/SL than anything with some power to lay down dmg with pet and a few nukes.

Buzan

Charge, hamstring, ms, hs, intercept (if needed) rinse and repeat and of course throw a whirlwind or 2 for good measure in there.

Also keeping the hamstring on your target at all times is a must for a warrior of any spec.

P.S. Soon I'll have you beat Capn just need a bit more time to work on my weapn/armor :P.

Grendeel

I havent tried it Cap but the only thing ive read that would beat an ms warrior is getting and using the CoE talent. The popular dot and run away strat :P.  Actually what i read on the forums implied ms warriors were easy when CoE is used (not verified though). 

usonian

For locks I normally Charge > Hamstring (hope for 5 sec stun proc) > switch to berzerker stance and hit Berzerker Rage (immunity to fear and incapacitate 10 sec) > MS > Rend.  Repeat with Intercept when necessary and pummel all fears.  

This keeps you in one spot for awhile with the charge stun and possible imp hamstring stun, as well as keeping me close to you by becoming immune to fear for a bit.  If you do manage to get a fear off between my pummels I still have the trinket > intercept to get right back to you and Berzerker Rage is on a 30 sec cooldown to also bring me out of a fear.  If pummel and BR are on cooldown I still have Intimidating shout to interupt your fear.  Also, putting rend on you keeps some constant damage going if you get away and also increases my total damage by 4% with 2 points in Blood Frenzy.

If all goes well that should be hell for a lock to deal with, unless the freakin' succubus is out...  Seduce frustrates me more than the stupid DC > Fear combo because I at least have a chance to stop or get out of those.  Seduce seems to be the best way for you to get some distance on me.  I'm not to keen on lock specs but Curse of Exhaustion also hurts a lot when trying to get to locks.  Seduce me and apply CoE and all I have to get a chance on you is intercept, which with imp intercecpt talents is every 20 sec.  

Oh and I almost forgot Death Wish - 30 sec immunity to fear and 20% increased damage on top of everything else?  I'll take that for 5% increased damage taken ]:D

Hope this helps.

LastDyingBreath

ahahah capn got pwned by a warrior.  /point /laugh.

capnpop

I tried CoEx kiting but his intercept was up so i just ate another hamstring > MS.. I think I started it too late, i was at about 60% hps when i started it, once he caught up with the intercept I couldn't get him off of me again.

On the bright side, when I did beat him we were both flagged for pvp and there was a stealthed rogue waiting...he got 1-shot :P

Uso: I'd say you are relatively safe regarding fears with your talents/abilities and trinket.  Use your pummel to stop big spell casting or drains.  If you don't pummel my drain life you'll die :P.

Panz: Yes, i found one...one...and it will be corrected...

usonian

A lot of locks freak out when they can't get a warrior off of them and they will constantly try to fear you away.  Trust me, when I see that green line shoot out i'm getting off an intercept / pummel ASAP.  Warriors do have quite a bit to work around fears without pummel, they just have to figure out the timing and a good warrior will save the pummel for a big spell if need be.  Of course after I've gone through my opening rotation a lock's health is pretty low and I'll gladly eat a spell to pummel a fear and stay close for a big MS / Execute crit.

Trismus

The basic thing is this:

When I'm fighting a lock I am going to do damage pretty much constantly. The only question is whether or not I can kill him/her before they kill me. Typically, they can't. I'm sword speced arms which basically means if I get lucky I can do 6,000-7,000 in 1 round, and follow up with another roughly 4 seconds later (although more spread-out time wise). Typically, however, I can get about 2-4k damage off on the first hit, then a few seconds later get that damage off again, etc...

The way to beat me is simple: DoT me up, and burn me down before I get a chance to burn you down. My damage comes with large breaks in between it, so if you get a chance to make me run away, count off a bit first. If you can delay a MS or a regular melee round you can severely increase your chances of survival. Most crappy locks tend to try to keep me away, and run out of fears. Once you've blown all those away I'm pretty much going to kill you unless you have dramatically better gear then I.

Also keep in mind that zerker frenzy has a 10 second duration. If you can get me to blow that, or if someone is dumb enough to blow it off the bat, then wait for it to be down. It has a 30 second refresh so if you can last 10 seconds you can keep me away afterwards, even if I use my alliance medallion.

Death wish would obviously screw that up, but I don't think most warriors go that route... although maybe I'm specing incorrectly.
Most people think Marv is crazy. He just had the rotten luck of being born in the wrong century. He'd be right at home on some ancient battlefield swinging an axe into somebody's face.