Patch 2.3: Strength vs. AP

Started by Arcdelad, November 13, 2007, 05:06:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcdelad

Part of the new patch is that druids with the heart of the wild talent now get an AP bonus isntead of a STR bonus...previously this gave a druid +20% STR....like dep said a while back, if you are a STR stacking druid...you just got nerfed, but if (like me) you balance STR and AGI (or even lean more towards AGI for crit) you may actually come out ahead.

Compounding things, looks like all feral weapons like [item]Merciless Gladiator's Maul[/item] or [item]Earthwarden[/item] got their +feral AP increased...blizz thinks we didnt have enough extra AP on those hehehehehe....

Ill look at my AP in cat form tonight and post about how much this patch adds to druids in terms of AP...

Arcdelad

hahaha...WOW...the new +AP value is on the above link...the old +feral AP was 788 :)

juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust a little change :P

yes blizz...feral druids are deeply in love with you too....4k ap here we come!

fiere redfern

Woah...

I hesitate to ask for fear of another heart attack, but what was the old AP value for the Earthwarden?

Arcdelad

Arcdelad

im kind of torn too on the ZA weapon [item]Primal Man-Catcher[/item]

It has less AP, but more STR and STA than the Merciless Glad Maul, plus has the ignore armor....BUT doesnt have the +crit or +hit......

LastDyingBreath

main reason of this change was to halfass a feral itemization fix.  Instead of putting proper druid items in the game, they made it good for us to use rogue leather.  oh well, a buff's a buff.

fiere redfern

I would be too - though my abilities to grind arena rep are severely limited so it's a good replacement for what I have now as far as I'm concerned  :pumpk4:

un4

Quote from: LastDyingBreath on November 14, 2007, 02:53:28 AM
main reason of this change was to halfass a feral itemization fix.  Instead of putting proper druid items in the game, they made it good for us to use rogue leather.  oh well, a buff's a buff.

Figures.
un4

Vengeance

Primal man catcher has been changed to +49 agi in place of STR
http://thomas-k.net/ptr/pmc-ptr.jpg
also shown on blizzard forums some where...too lazy to find it atm  :P

Arcdelad

if primal man catcher goes to AGI, then its definitely not as good as the S2 maul...i think this is a good weapon, but if you can get the S2 or S3 weapon then this would be a downgrade, even if they keep the STR...