New Patch!

Started by un4given_one, January 08, 2008, 04:17:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

un4

The new patch is the best thing for rogues since stealth-seeing mobs and the sword spec nerf.

[blizzard]Preparation now resets the cooldown of Shadowstep and no longer resets the cooldown of Adrenaline Rush.[/blizzard]
We finally get a spec that allows us to go on a rampage every ten minutes (tell that to the s3 warrior I met yesterday who did 300k more damage than anyone else in a four-capped AB).

The solution is but simple and elegant.

NERF!

Let's take yet another thing off the list of what Prep resets, leaving us stuck with a permanent 5-minute timer and replace it with something that has a 30-SECOND timer!  That's brilliant!
un4

Arcdelad

your 10 minute rampage means an EVERY arena match rampage in the arenas...no thanks un4 :P

un4

There were a lot of things that needed fixing before ADR/Prep, but people were QQing too much about not getting free kills off of rogues who had standard or substandard gear.  We even were starting to get spots on competative arena teams!  But of course, we couldn't let that happen, could we?

Edit: found me a sig to steal:
"Arguing with Blizzard Dev's about the Rogue class is like playing chess with a pigeon. Their goal is to knock over the pieces, crap on the board, and return to their flock proclaiming a victory."
un4

LastDyingBreath

honestly the problem wasn't AR/prep rogues.

It was ar/prep rogues who were also mace specced. 

I can cope with the uber damage of a rogue with double energy regen, but being constantly stunned just from that damn proc is horrid.  Rogues get enough fight controlling abilities without tossing in constant stun procs.  A rogue who's blade flurried and throwing double the amount of special attacks for the duration of two AR's will stun you 'till doomsday from that proc. 

Change mace spec to 1% chance on hit for the stun and add in 4% crit to make it evenly powerful with dagger/fist spec.  Also do this for warriors.  Take your skillherald and shove it.

un4

Quote from: LastDyingBreath on January 09, 2008, 04:36:34 AMRogues get enough fight controlling abilities without tossing in constant stun procs.  A rogue who's blade flurried and throwing double the amount of special attacks for the duration of two AR's will stun you 'till doomsday from that proc.
Not true; BF doesn't proc poisons, mace stuns, enchants, or anything of the sort.  What they should have done is added in a debuff for ADR so that you couldn't use it for 45 seconds after your last one.

Oh, consider this: our stuns (resistable/dodge-/block-/miss-/parry- able), gouge (same), blind (misses a lot, breaks on damage), and sap (10 seconds max, breaks on damage) are often the only things keeping us alive... and all of them are removed by the PvP trinkets and many by class abilities.
un4

usonian

I think what he meant was that the 20% increased attack speed from Blade Fury increases the chance that a stun will proc because you are hitting more often.  I'm not sure if the attacks to additional targets can recieve stun or poison procs but attacking faster will increase the chance of those procs on the main target.

un4

You're better off with SnD, then... or both, but it's pretty impractical to get them both up at the same time in PvP.
un4

Vengeance

Forget every other class, rogues are IMMUNE to warlocks, literally.
Spamming alot t'day  :-\

LastDyingBreath

Quote from: Vengeance on January 09, 2008, 07:53:49 PM
Forget every other class, rogues are IMMUNE to warlocks, literally.
Spamming alot t'day  :-\

If you want to be literal, I think the word you're looking for is RESISTANT.  XD

And yes, I was referring to the faster attacks from blade flurry, not the secondary target being hit.  Also consider that you'll be AR'd much of the time, usually with at least a fast offhand, throwing tons of special attacks, that mace stun goes off like gangbusters.

I don't consider the pvp trinket to be a true counter to rogues.  You have a bunch of cooldown stuns/incapacitates, trinketing out of KS isn't going to make or break a match.  Even if some of your abilites don't land, you've still got massive damage going from 100% bonus energy regen and 20% faster attacks.  The ability to use each cooldown twice in one fight is HUGE. 

AR/prep is fine, nerf mace spec.

Arcdelad

[blizzard]Hemo should be doing less damage in 2.3.2 than in 2.3.0.

Hemorrhage is also normalized based on weapon type and speed so the amount of damage you do with an individual attack will vary depending on the type and speed of the weapon you are using and can not be directly compared to your main hand attacks.[/blizzard]

I agree with panzer 1000000%....the single most devestating thing weve seen in the arenas is a ar/prep rogue with two S2 maces equipped...ive seen those mace rogues in the arenas obliterate me like im a level 20 clothie....

usonian

I agree Panz, using your PvP trinket for a mace stun is a waste.  Use it for a sheep, cylcone, fear, etc. something with a longer incapacitate effect that is more detrimental.  If you can't get away from the rogue quickly after the trinket you're just going to get snared again.  The best bet is to CC the rogue and keep him away from anyone that is weak to melee attacks or tank him with a shield-wearing warrior or ridiculous HP druid in bear form.  If the warrior has second wind those stuns won't be as deadly.

un4

Just roll an arena-geared warrior around...  or a disc priest and let the rogue kill himself on the reflective shield.  Neither of them stun, either.
un4