About the flying mounts

Started by Blacranger, May 16, 2008, 11:16:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blacranger

Can you skip getting the normal flying mount by just getting the apprentice riding skill and then pay for the epic skill and mount?

fiere redfern

Yes, but why would you? Even just the regular flying mount makes things easier - you can fly over the mountains instead of having to run around them, and can reach places like TK and the Elemental Plateau that are only accessable via flight. (Yes I know you can summon within TK, but what if your group doesn't include a warlock?)

It really is worth it to spend the extra gold and get the regular mount. If you need help farming at all, give me a holler. If I'm not doing anything else I'll swing by and help you out =)

Gutboy

Yeah, the skill is the expensive part, and you have to buy that anyway. I'm sure lots of us can spot you enough gold to get the first flyer if you need it.

GB

"Impossible odds, mentally unbalanced foes, cramped quarters for a good punch-up... and people say Iest has no night life."
-- Cerebus

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God, they frighten me."
-- The Duke of Wellington

Nasanna

Once you have a normal flying mount you will also have access to the Skettis and Ogrila dailies which will help you fund your epic flying mount.

Shadowwolf

Theres a lot of 70 quests that require a flying mount to do and the whole series of Tempest Keep instances needs you to have one as well to be able to get to them. Unless you have a warlock willing to summon you, which would become aggravating I think after a while since its just easier to fly.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Blacranger

OK OK lol you all convinced me  :P I currently mine mithril for money but I'm looking for some new ways and mobs that would help get me the huge amount of money needed for these mounts

Nasanna

Once you hit 70, all quests reward money instead of experience. This means you can go do all the quests you didn't do and get 5-25g per quest, depending on the level of the quest.

Also, you will have access to "daily quests," which you can complete once per day. You can do up to 25 dailies per day. You can read more about some of them here: http://forum.twilightonalex.com/index.php?topic=3522.0
There are many many daily quests related to the Isle of Quel Danas too. You can get there from a portal in the center of Shattrath. There are also some quests in Outland related to it. All of those are listed here: http://forum.twilightonalex.com/index.php?topic=4589.0 Our server has unlocked all of them :)

I'll update my daily guide for the QD ones.