TBC Specs

Started by un4, August 12, 2008, 07:21:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

un4

There used to be a lot of discussion about specs, but much of it is out of date now.  As a total noob warrior leveling a meatshield, I have This as a prospective spec... critique?

Clarification: for tankin' stuff!
un4

Apolla

Well, since you are going to be leveling, I would say go with something like this...
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LAZVVZoEtoI0zcxst

Reasons for this build are Heroic strike is your bread and butter as a single weapon/dual wield warrior. 3 rage off of that equates to at least a free heroic strike every mob, sometimes 3 or 4 depending how mean the thing is.

As cool as Tactical mastery is, it's not that practical.  Same goes with Improved Defensive Stance, Improved Taunt(If the DPS pull threat too much, let them die-they will catch on ;)) and Improved Shield Wall.  And Focused Rage is just money, when you make it that high I'd recommend grabbing that as soon as possible.  Three rage off of every offensive move is just ridiculous.

Hopefully this helps a bit, and I might be a bit wacky in the tanking department but I figure since this is for a leveling/tanking build it will do you some OK.  ;)

*I am not concerned with the details.*

Gutboy

Go here:

http://www.tankspot.com/forums/tankspot-library/31970-steel-guidelines-new-leveling-warriors.html

Do the class quest as soon as you hit L30 for the [item]Whirlwind Axe[/item] (give me or any L70 Warrior a call if you want help - we remember that one!), then right at L51 hit AV for the [item]Ice Barbed Spear[/item]. Other than those, don't sweat your gear too much, and don't bother with Prot builds until after L60.

GB

"Impossible odds, mentally unbalanced foes, cramped quarters for a good punch-up... and people say Iest has no night life."
-- Cerebus

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God, they frighten me."
-- The Duke of Wellington

un4

Yeah, I read that.  I feel that if I level by tanking, I'll be an ubertank by the time I'm ready for the real stuff.  Seems kind of wrong to level doing one thing, then relearn the class for endgame.
un4

fiere redfern

It can, though, make the initial leveling grind easier on you. While leveling my warlock, I went demon initially for the added survivability that the buffs to my pets would give me. Also helped me develop a sense of my pets' limits as far as aggro gen. went. Now that I'm above level 60, however, I've already got 90% of the spells that my class will use for end-game, and have more leeway to play with specs and figure out what works for groups and what doesn't. In going affliction, I've found that though I'm squishier from not having my blueberry to act as a meatshield/aggro ping-pong paddle, I've enough spells at my disposal to keep myself alive, which wouldn't have worked at earlier levels.  :P

It's all about playstyle, tbh. I find it easier to do the 1-60 thing as a set leveling spec, (instances at the lower levels are kinda meh for keeping class roles straight anyway) and then start playing with different ideas and abilities past 60. Just my opinion, YMMV, et al. I wouldn't suggest, however, using a straight leveling spec up to 70 and -then- deciding to go tank. That'd just be silliness XD