Raiding/PvP Poisons Post 3.0.2

Started by Belandand, October 20, 2008, 09:24:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belandand

So during my 6 hour long free period in between my TWO class day at college, I was scouring the web and I came across an interesting piece of information (google instant poison versus wound poison).

Apparently, most sources are agreeing that the highest wound poison rank is currently the best poison to put on your MH weapon. This is the best possible MH poison counting these special conditions:

1. You are strictly combat XX(i.e. 41 + pts in combat tree)
2. You don't have 4 or 5/5 Improved Poisons in the Assassination tree

According to the tooltip for Wound Poison VII, it does 231 + (0.04 * AP) and has a 50% chance to proc. The tooltip for Instant Poison IX states that it does 300 + (.10 * AP) and has a 20% chance to proc.
The argument is that while WP 7 does slightly less dmg that IP 9, it amounts to a dps increase is a rogue were to use WP on their MH (or OH) rather than use IP on their MH ( or OH). According to the MMO site that pops up when you google Instant Poison versus Wound Poison, you woud need approximately 4/5 or 5/5 points in Impr Poisons for IP 9 to match the dps that WP 7 would output.
Basically, the 50% proc chance and decreased dmg of WP 7 is better than the 20% proc chance of IP 9 simply due to the difference in proc rates.

So WP 7 or IP 9? You decide. But hurry because WP WILL eventually get nerfed.

un4

Deadly Poison is treating me just fine right now, too.

<3 DP + Killing Spree.
un4