3.08 Patch Notes

Started by un4, December 13, 2008, 10:10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

un4

[blizzard]Rogues

Fan of Knives: The cooldown has been removed. In addition, now deals 150% of weapon damage when used while daggers are equipped.

Feint: Rank 8 now reduces the damage taken from area of effect attacks by 50% for 6 seconds in addition to its existing effects.
[/blizzard]

Yeaaaaaaah....
un4

un4

Fan of Knives is growing on me, but 50 energy is a lot to blow on it twice in a row...
un4

Belandand

The damage increase is nice as well. One thing I've noticed, in both Naxx 10 and Naxx 25, is that most cluster trash (ex. the spiders, the maggots/bats/fungal giants) are easily taken care of by hurricanes, volleyshots etc.

For those cluster trash groups, I always do one fan of knives (because they don't live that long for me to do another). Then I do a cheap mutilate, SnD w/ w/e CPs I have and try to refresh SnD for the next trash pull (many times they are chain pulled or pulled by accident). Also don't forget 2 things:

1. when a poison procs on one fan of knives target, it procs on all targets affected by FoK.
2. if you're mutilate spec, pop cold blood and use FoK- every attack that lands will crit.

Really one FoK is the most you will need.

I will also try to post a three part article on rogues and rogue raiding in WotLK. It'll offer spec breakdowns, pre-raid gear options, and pre-raid/ raid-2-raid stat milestones.