WoW meets RL!

Started by fiere redfern, March 25, 2009, 08:20:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fiere redfern

Darg gave me the idea for this one - we're all addicts here to some extent or another, so just how has the World of Warcraft invaded your real lives?

To start us off:

- When walking to one place or another I'll continually think "shapeshift shapeshift, go cat!", but it never works.
- I keep thinking my WoW bank balance = my RL bank balance, and then get surprised for a second when I visit an ATM  :(
- WTB shadowmeld, pst. Sometimes I hate bars.

Arcdelad

I told fiere this once when we were grabbing lunch - everytime i see a squirrel walking around, and in philly thats a LOT, I want to reach my hand out and cast "roots" on it LOL...

I also love to mix-in wow-speak in completely unrelated circumstances...like at the grocery store, talking to my mom, etc etc etc...they have no clue what the hell im saying hehehe

Kothnok

Passing a cop on the road and hoping you don't draw -AGGRO!-
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.

moonras

I've not so much compared WoW with a lot as I have my chatting. I'd rather literally say LOL than laugh it seems anymore. Me and my brother do confuse people sometimes though. We start talking about and telling each other to L2P and things. Makes for interesting reactions.

kajunlady

Quote from: Kothnok on March 25, 2009, 08:45:35 AM
Passing a cop on the road and hoping you don't draw -AGGRO!-

agree with koth on this one

" The Hardest Job is watching day by day your children grow up and wondering if you really did do all you could for them"
unknown

" I did it because I can, I can because I want to, I want to because you said YOU said I couldn't"
UNKNOWN
"The futue is not something we enter,but something we create"
UNKNOWN

Dargeria

Lol... I'm glad I'm not the only one that can't keep RL straight from WOW  :P   

Since you started a thread on this I'll repost what I had mentioned earlier in this thread as well...  I'm sure I'll have more to add soon  :P

- Driving down the highway, seeing a yellow plastic bag, thinking to myself "Oh!  Gold Clover!  I should stop and get it!" 

- Wondering how much "gold" I have in my bank account

- When I do spend money I justify it by telling myself I can sell something or pick up a job here and there (farming) to make extra money if needed

"Look I know you're new here and all...  but...  back up seems like a pretty universal term..."

Ity

Sony's employees use to be hunter in WoW AND real life...