NYC, view from 102 floor of Empire State Bldg

Started by Kothnok, November 04, 2006, 06:55:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kothnok

Thought I'd share a neat skyline view with all of you of NYC's downtown Manhattan from the 102nd floor of the Empire State Building.  The observation deck is the 86th, but I took the extra trip up the tower for another 16 floors. =)
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.

Lovica

Omg in that picture I can see the college that I'm attending :D!

It's the oddly shaped building near the left corner behind a yellow building.

And strangely enough I'm always at the Empire State Building since I hang out there in my dad's office during breaks or before class starts.

un4

un4

Jandris

Genoism

heh thats funny lul....my college is prolly somewhere there too, just dont feel like lookin for it :p

un4

un4

Tolwen

thats what I call a view , nice!
tnx koth for sharing

Zario

You took the picture in the wrong direction!!!  My college is north of the park.  Did you happen to catch a picture while facing the other direction?  Beautiful though.  It really makes me miss my time I had in the city.   :'( 

btw Lullah, is that Hunter College?

Kothnok

Are you kidding?  I didn't pay $30 to go up there and not take as many pictures as I could. :P

First one is facing north to look out over Central Park (a bit hazy).

Second one is a close up of the northwest view where you can easily see the Concorde parked next to an aircraft carrier.  To the right of the Concorde is a cruise liner getting ready to depart (it left about 30 min later).

I've many many many more pictures (just not a ton that's worth a hill of beans, lol).
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.

Lovica

Quote from: Zario on November 07, 2006, 09:16:32 PM
You took the picture in the wrong direction!!!  My college is north of the park.  Did you happen to catch a picture while facing the other direction?  Beautiful though.  It really makes me miss my time I had in the city.   :'( 

btw Lullah, is that Hunter College?

Nope, it's Baruch hehe.

un4

Quote from: Kothnok on November 08, 2006, 03:11:51 AM
Are you kidding?  I didn't pay $30 to go up there and not take as many pictures as I could. :P
lmao.
un4

Zario

I got a shot last year of the north side on a pretty clear day. The arrow is pointing at my school :)