Respecing Deep Fire

Started by Avelandra, August 26, 2008, 07:39:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avelandra

I am thinking of moving from a 40/21 Arc-Fire spec to a 2/56/3 Deep fire spec. This is what I have come up with so far. I have 3 talents and no idea where to put em.

Any ideas/suggestions on current idea or any other ideas. I just want to try something else. I have 40/21 since I hit 70, which was about 28 play days ago, but i leveled deep fire.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/mage/talents.html?tal=2000000000000000000000050523231230333105312510030000000000000000000
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" - Possum Lodge Motto
I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together.

Oilslick

Let me throw out this disclaimer first:  I am not a mage.  lol

I'm sitting next to a great one though here at work.  He tells me that the haste bonus from icy veins is unbeatable...and that once you fill out what you need in fire it should be the next target to go for in the talents.

This is the build he recommends:  http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=obZxgMzfcIoeRtVhM0o

It still has one extra point leftover.

He also says that for some real fun, once you get all T5+ lvl gear and all the badge gear possible, that arcane is an absolute blast to play, lol.

Riddlerr

The build that oil posted is pretty much one of the best fire builds out there.  If wanting to go arcane ever, i would rec. getting atleast 2 pieces of T5 for the set bonus befor doing so

Avelandra

Thanks for the info. I really like that one your friend came up with oil.
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" - Possum Lodge Motto
I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together.

Melonni

What they said.^^

2/44/11 (+4) (http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=obZxgM0fcI0eRxVhM0o) is probably the best dps spec you can be right now. The four leftover points have no meaningful place to go to improve DPS without dropping other more crucial talents. So they're typically thrown into [spell=33938]Pyroblast[/spell] in order to get [spell=33933]Blast Wave[/spell], and [spell=33043]Dragon's Breath[/spell] - leaving 1 leftover for 1/3 Improved Fire Blast or 1/2 Blazing Speed (preference, neither are meaingful).

2/2 Arcane Subtlety in first tier of Arcane is for AoE purposes - 40% threat reduction on [spell=27082]Arcane Explosion[/spell].

With this spec, you'll have [spell=11129]Combustion[/spell] and [spell=12472]Icy Veins[/spell] as long-cooldown abilities to juggle ... intelligent cooldown use is vital to getting the most out of this spec. I try to lump my 3 main long-cd abilities into 1 macro nicely titled "BOOM":
/cast Combustion
/cast Icy Veins
/use Icon of the Silver Crescent

None of the above abilities are on the GCD so macro will usually pop them all at once (sometimes doesn't, oddly - just hit it again inbetween the next fireball cast).

Deep arcane specs have proven to be "competitive" in between the 2pT5 and 4pT6 area, BUT the spec demands heavy raid support such as a 24/7 shadow priest, resto/ele shaman, and sometimes [spell=29166]Innervate[/spell].

>.> /ramble off. 

Shadowwolf

I think you may have to /castsequence on that macro Mel. Theres an innate limitation on how many items you can cast on a macro at once so people cant just spam 1 button once and do 20 things.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Tolwen

all  I can say is  :Fire Elemental: mage ftw!!
I'm using almost the same spec that everyone posted and it's really great :)