in the words of Ahnold....

Started by Arcdelad, June 04, 2008, 08:06:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Airtotem

I am sorry I even thought to question your work ethic Arc...  I had no idea...  It will never happen again.

Oh, and for the full comic strip...   
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q275/solrac0/foxtrot_big_item.gif

kajunlady

" The Hardest Job is watching day by day your children grow up and wondering if you really did do all you could for them"
unknown

" I did it because I can, I can because I want to, I want to because you said YOU said I couldn't"
UNKNOWN
"The futue is not something we enter,but something we create"
UNKNOWN

JohnnieRat

Poor Arc and his mild discomfort in the work environment. Be happy there's AC and no poisonous animals in your office (with the exception of de-caf... thank God there's none where I work)

Luise

Ah I remember the old days when I worked as an engineer for the Electricity Commission on the 32nd floor of a nice air-conditioned building in the city with lovely views. Ok the occassional disruption from protestors (the American consulate was one floor above us) and the painful security checks were a bit annoying, but compared to classrooms full of smelly teenagers (phew those boys smell after playing footy all lunchtime!) I was in heaven. Yes we do have air conditioning in the classrooms, but by the time all the students have entered the room it takes half the lesson to cool down all that body heat. And that's not mentioning when the power generator doesn't become overloaded and jsut shuts down.

But on the negative side of being an Engineer- when we had to investigate boiler tube bank failures during an outage in the power stations (just after the system was shut down- and still real hot) - you would be wearing a plastic white suit (and I would wear a shower cap under my helmet because I hated coal fly-ash in my ears: couldn't do anything about the black boogers in my nose though!)- it would be dark, steaming hot and black fly-ash (like soot) would be everywhere.

But hey- there are much worse jobs out there than that. Do you guys have that TV series- "The worst jobs in history" - my kids love that show...

Nasanna

Here we have "Dirty Jobs," where the host goes and spends a day doing yucky things like working in a tire yard, hunting crawfish, cleaning up pig slop... it's pretty interesting but I'm glad I don't have any of those jobs :)