You may have noticed...

Started by Shadowwolf, January 31, 2011, 02:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowwolf

That suddenly the URL to get here has changed from what it was the last 5yrs. Well, that would be because I finally am getting around to doing what I've been meaning to with streamlining the site a little more for everyone. The new web address: twguild.org is a lot easier to remember and less to type! Because the old one has been so heavily used though and its a part of who we are, I made it so the server does the changing for everyone this way its less to worry about.

Everything is as it was, nothing has changed except the address to get here, but the old one still and will always work. I have no intention of killing the twilightonalex.com name in any way, I just feel that since that domain was hastily created, this newer one encompasses us a bit better and shorter web address always = better.

Again, its just an address, thats all, everything still works as it has, nothing is broken. You dont need to change anything you do in using the site. Now if someone in game asks for the guild site, you can type half the letters you used to =)

Over the next few months I will be doing different things to improve how the site functions, navigates and basically streamline the ergonomics of it all so its more intuitive, less confusing in some areas, and just overall easier to use.

Thanks for the patience guys.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

LostWander

Shadowwolf

Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

fiere redfern

Seconded. Damn good work, Shadow! :)

Maruden

"When William joined the army, he didn't like the phrase "fire at will!""

Vengeance

Awesome. From what I vaguely remember of this site from years ago it's easy to tell it's only getting better, and I'm lookin' forward to new stuffs! Keep up the good work