Installing...

Started by Shadowwolf, November 12, 2008, 09:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avelandra

It was funny, there were 6 of us in line, and there were 4 people in front of us. 2 since 7pm, 2 since 9pm, we arrived around 10. By midnight there were atleast 30 people in line inside the store at Walmart, of all places. Who knew.
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" - Possum Lodge Motto
I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together.

Iliessa

Since I'm stuck here at work, I sent my man to the store to pick me up a copy. He said there was about 20 people ahead of him when he got there half an hour before midnight, and when the place got within 10 minutes of opening, a good 40 or so more people showed up.. some of them dressed up in home made gear. He said he tried to get me a collectors edition, but they wouldn't sell him one because we didn't pre-order it. iFail.

This means I will have to follow you CEers around and covet your Frostys.

Oh and one other thing.. if anyone is planning on going to GameStop to pick up their copy anytime soon you may want to bring cash with you. There's some sort of issue going on with their credit card machines. When my fiancee went, they were having to do paper credit card orders and it slowed things up pretty good, but they were still taking them. We live in Kansas City.

http://www.wowinsider.com/2008/11/13/gamestop-having-credit-card-issues/

kinjin

so I go to bed about 1:30 because the game is still installing and I have to get up early as it is, figure I'll have 1/2 hr to play when i get up. Ha dam patch tp download already :'( :'(

JohnnieRat

It's not so much a patch as having the box version of Wrath catch up from 3.0 to 3.03 where we are now... unless we all want to play with un-nerfed rets again ;)

Vengeance

Got mine Tuesday night...went to some 7-11 a few blocks away, no line whatsoever, took about 10 minutes with the drive there and back  ]:D

Air

"Don't be a Dick." - Wil Wheaton
"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." - Will Rogers

Lynette

Target opened at 8am today - I was there at 8:05. 

They had hundreds on the shelf.

Muridin

i created a death knight. orc by the name of Ackerly (or ley cant remember)

i cannot figure out for the life of me how their talent tree works

khader

Target in my area had piles of the normal version and lots of the collector's edition version available.  with work and other stuff i will likely be on sometime tomorrow.

Nixphire

Quote from: Shadowwolf on November 12, 2008, 10:58:09 PM
the one guy brave enough to actually speak to me in line asked me if I was there picking up my boyfriends copy... ]:D

/devore
Shadow procedes to devore your soul!

Shadowwolf

Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Tanc

Wish i could say that i got my copy.... unfortunately, WoTLK would probably jeopardize my chances of success for the course i am on until december 20th... :-[

Gutboy

Looks like there are still tons of Collector's Editions around here, so if anyone is interested and can't get one through usual channels, let me know and I'll hook you up.

GB

(PS: for those who dig the soundtrack, there are 3 songs on iTunes that aren't on the Collector's CD...)

"Impossible odds, mentally unbalanced foes, cramped quarters for a good punch-up... and people say Iest has no night life."
-- Cerebus

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but by God, they frighten me."
-- The Duke of Wellington

Shadowwolf

I think Kaj wanted one, she was going to see if it was possible near her today last I spoke with her.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Oilslick

6:30 pm, zero people in line, piles of inventory blocking the isle of new wow boxes, i climb through, pick up one, see a poor soul like me on the way out unable to locate a copy - i hand it off, no words spoken, and dive back in