Agility shopping list

Started by Arcdelad, October 18, 2006, 10:50:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcdelad

hey guys....as you all know I am closing in on upgrading getting my feralheart set for my druid...Ive calced it that I am 1) gaining 84 armor, 2) gaining 23 STR, BUT 3) losing 33 AGI...

so....I would like to enchant all the set with +AGI enchants....I would like to know from any enchanter what the max AGI enchant i can get for all 8 pieces, what mats I need to start getting, and who will be willing to do this for me...I will gladly pay one of you guys to help me out...

Darkling

To be honest, AGI is great, but not all it's cracked up to be. I wear my rare pvp gear (you can look on the WoW community site to see the stats) both in pvp and pve. There are no agi stats in them. None. I have lifestealing enchant on one dagger and +15 agi on the other. I do mass damage with way less than 300 agi. I think i have maybe 246, can't remember. On my chest armor I have +100 health and on my boots I have the minor speed enchant. That's all for the armor enchants I have.

There is a purpose in the addition of so much strength vs. the agility. You may be losing that small percentage, but you are gaining raw attack power. And the extra bonuses from having the feralheart adds to as well. If I were you, I would look more at some stamina enchants instead of agility.

But that's just my opinion from what I have discovered by losing the agility I get from my dungeon gear. Pay attention to what I wear in raids, it is my pvp gear, and, not to brag, I top the damage charts without the agility that is 'so important' to rogues. BTW, bonus to hits and crits are better than agility.

Arcdelad

with druids though, each point of AGI adds one attack point, helps crit %, dodge %, and i believe adds some kind of armor bonus...i spend more time in cat mode generally than i do in bear mode, so DPS and anything attack power related are key to me...im usually in the top 3-4 DPS in a 10 man...im criting now on the high end for about 2500, and regardless of my weapon speed it drops to 1.00 in cat mode and undergoes some weird conversion in DPS...

Seems to me that AGI would help with my attack power AND let me crit more often...or maybe extra STR is the way to go so that all attacks are just stronger in general...what do you guys think?

Darkling

Agility does add to all of the above. The strength is there to improve attack power which improves attack power. Like I said, this my opinion because of my performance in being a rogue. It may very well make a difference with druids. I don't know about druids considering I played one to lvl 20 and deleted him.

If you do want agi enchants, I know that you can get +15 agi to 1h weapons and +25 agi to 2h weapons, +7 to bracers, boots and gloves. You can also get +15 agi to gloves as well (I have those on my darkmantle gloves). You can get stats to chest and back I believe. A friend of mine can also enchant head and legs with agi. It's up to you. Best thing to do is try the gear with minimal to no agi enchants and see how it is. If you're not happy, get a few enchants to see if the improvement is worth the cost in materials.

dharq

From what I've read on druids and calculated out, it looks like around 1000 AP str/agi really become about equal...

Until you hit around 1000 AP (I found it to be closer to 800, but the calcs show closer to 1k), you need to focus on STR. Once you get around 1000 AP, focus on AGI so you get your crit % up as high as you can.

In pre-MC gear, it's very possible to hit 1000+ AP and a 30% crit rate... and that's what you should be shooting for according to everything I've seen. It's actually possible in AQ/Naxx gear to get between 1400 and 1500 AP and have a 30+% crit rate.. and that's HUGE when you're hitting every second for 300-500 dmg.

Actually, the only complaint I have about feral druids at all right now (and even in TBC) is that our weapon procs don't do anything when we change forms... So only straight stats help... Would be nice if some of the procs like crusader or mongoose would work in forms.