Supremus (Boss 2)

Started by Shadowwolf, June 13, 2008, 09:54:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

khader

There's another issue which Emma pointed out last night.  Supremus is so large that it's really hard to gauge distance around him especially when you're very close.

- Supremus' melee range is much larger than the red selection circle that appears on the ground beneath him.
- Supremus' hit box is larger than his melee range.

This is just the reverse of the Leviathans in the sewers where the hit box is teeny tiny and the red selection circle is enormous.

Tanks must always stand inside the red circle.  More than 2 is ideal.  Healers assigned to the MT and the OTs would maybe help ensure they are healed up faster by avoiding everyone healing the MT and more slowly topping of the OT.

Melee needs to find the edge of the hit box from the outside rather than running in close and backing away.  Approach Supremus until you can hit him than stop.

This is easy on the start of the fight.  Things get harder when Molten Flame is cast or on the phase transitions.

Molten Flame
Tanks - adjust position while remaining in the red circle.  Also be careful not to turn your back to Supremus which is possible due to his size.
Melee - try to back away, don't turn and run.  Turning back to Supremus prevents you from dodging or parrying an attack.  Likely to happen when Supremus transitions to phase 2.  Turn and run only if necessary to avoid dieing in the flames.

As Koth pointed out the AoE affect of Molten Flame and Volcanoes is larger than the graphic. If your health is ticking away you're still in the freakin' fire.

Phase Transitions - end phase 1
Tanks - back away from Supremus when you see the message Supremus is loose. Don't run away before or else melee might eat a Hateful Strike. Important to back away in case you are targeted, you'll survive one or two hits and can start running.
Melee - Get away from Supremus about 5 seconds before phase 1 ends.  Don't wait for that last attack.  Due to bad timing if you're still near Supremus when tanks have moved away you will be one shot by Hateful Strike.

Phase Transitions - end phase 2
Tanks - get into red selection circle asap.  Make sure to position Supremus away from any volcanoes.
Melee - Sit on your hands out of melee range until the tanks are in position.  Get there before the tanks and Supremus 1 shots you.

On phase 2 with Supremus wandering all over its unlikely that melee can do any substantial damage.  Especially when charging across the courtyard to get to his target.  Avoiding Volcanoes seems like the best plan.

Hateful Strike
Issue we seem to have is the OTs are hit and not brought up to health quickly enough.  There's no set timer on hateful strike so its critical to get the OTs up to full health as quickly as possible so they can be targeted on the next attack.  For this it might be helpful to assign 2 healers to the MT and 2 to the OTs so they are focused on with other healers on the raid and helping on the tanks.
Avoiding Molten Flame is really important for OTs so they don't fall below health of melee or make the healers work harder(ie take longer) to top off their health.

Shadowwolf

I think the assigned healers thing might help a lot. We can try that tonight and see if that improves things.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess

Tolwen

Quote from: Arcdelad on October 10, 2008, 10:28:40 AM
...and lynn is right...dont brez a melee this fight LOL one time I died 4 times on him in ONE FIGHT lol....
I only rezzed you so you could rez someone else(rang/ healer) but you died a few sec after u got up lol:D

What Khader said worked very well for me(hitting him form the edge of the hit box)..both times i died were when either Geos or Gut died and i ate a hateful strike.

Quote from: khader on October 10, 2008, 12:06:14 PM
Melee - Get away from Supremus about 5 seconds before phase 1 ends.  Don't wait for that last attack.  Due to bad timing if you're still near Supremus when tanks have moved away you will be one shot by Hateful Strike.
very true, i started running when bigwigs showed 5sec left and never got hit at that part.

Shadowwolf

What we did tonight worked really really well. Assigning healers I think helped a ton as did the tank positioning. Melee DPS didnt die from the strikes tonight, only unexpected aggro and Volcanos.
Come to the darkside, we have cookies.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish" - Chevy Chase as Ty Webb in Caddyshack
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Suess