The Inauguration

Started by Haderach, January 20, 2009, 11:40:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haderach

We've been watching in all day in school, what do you guys think of it thus far?

"Lord of Snaxxramas"
"Who need's a real doctor when you have my machines and their scary needles?" Dr.Zed from Borderlands

Lynette

I was actually moved during Obama's speech, especially toward the end.  One for the ages in my mind - I am happy I saw it live.  Obama might be the most powerful public speaker I have ever seen. 

Only issues I had with today was WTH was Dianne Feinstein MCing the inauguration and why the music/poetry reading?

I think (hope) we are seeing a once in a generation leader emerging.  And I am not a Democrat, either.

Haderach

It was a 12 minute and 10 second long speech, and I also agree a very good one at that, He has his goals and he seems very determined on succeeding and (hopefully) pulling us out of the economic crisis, and possibly the war(s).

Although my parents don't like him that much, my house and my family is strictly republican, I think I'm the only one that thinks outside the box and thinks he can do a good job.

"Lord of Snaxxramas"
"Who need's a real doctor when you have my machines and their scary needles?" Dr.Zed from Borderlands

JohnnieRat

Now that "he" is no longer my commander in Chief. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! At least Cheney is walking out with more money than he walked in with.

Now I may disagree with some things Obama says, and he isn't as good a public speaker as people say (he's a nasty stuttering stanley), and may be too inexperienced for the job. And even though I'm a registered republican, I'm optimistic that he will at least try to do what is right for the country and not just Dems, which is good enough for me.

I didn't get to see the speech, as my office has no TV yet. Is it on Youtube yet?

Nasanna

Unfortunately I had class during the speech but I'm hoping to watch it tonight. I'm sure I can find it online or find "reruns" on TV.

Nixphire

I'm registered Independant. I don't have as many years under my belt as a few others here. But I'm pessamistic. I "hope" for the best and that he is one of these once in a life time type leaders. He has quite a large expectation gap to fill. I'm not one to let my hope get in the way with how I've seen polititions act over and over.
I'll definitly say he has quite a great delivery with his speaches. We'll just see how he walks. The nation and the world wants so much out of him, that if he plays it right, he can get exactly what he wants (good or bad)

Quote from: JohnnieRat on January 20, 2009, 04:07:58 PM
At least Cheney is walking out with more money than he walked in with.
He was in a wheel chair, so he wasn't "walking"  :laugh:

Trismus

I was a Ron Paul supporter.

However, if Obama sticks to the things he claimed in his speech, then he will probably turn out alright. I'm skeptical, but I do believe we could have done worse.

-Tris
Most people think Marv is crazy. He just had the rotten luck of being born in the wrong century. He'd be right at home on some ancient battlefield swinging an axe into somebody's face.

un4

I'm a registered Democrat.  I watched the Inauguration in the gym today... quality stuff.
un4