Be careful of WOW

Started by Carysa, November 06, 2010, 06:36:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carysa

Hi everyone!, long time no talk...
my account was hacked last july and it took more then a mounth to recovered it, two weeks after i've been hacked again. so i was very mad about that. But today i realized that wow is not so important in my life. Let me tell you about myself a little bit, im 53 i've been maried for 25 years, i have 3 kids, one boy who is 17, and two lovely girls, one is 8 and the other one is 10 years old. I've been playing wow for 4 years now, i was so addict to this game that i completly forgot that i had a family to take care of, witch really upset my wife, 2 weeks ago my wife asked me for divorce, i could'nt believe this could happen to me. Now im completly destroy, i thought of killing myself a couple of time but my kids was the only reason that kept me alive. So please be careful not to be as addict as i was of this game. I dont want anybody live what i'm living now.
I'll come back one day, but not as an addict player but as a part time player who play only for fun.
*Sorry for my broken english, but i hope that everyone understand the meaning of what i'm trying to say.

Carysa

Kothnok

Sorry to hear that Carysa, definitely put WoW aside while you focus on RL.  Hope things improve for you.

RL > WoW, indeed.
No matter how often you refill the gene pool, there's always a shallow end.

Valerian

Holy chit dude that's rough. I hope the situation with your wife is salvageable. If so, best to stop all WOW and focus 100% on her and your family with activities that you can do together. I like to think that all situations that come up in life are challenges that we can learn and grow from. I hope you can learn whatever you need to from this situation and move forward in your life in a positive way. Don't give up. I've had a couple of friends who have been in similar situations (divorce, family problems ect.), and they were in bad straights in the beginning but with a little time and introspection they both have come out well and moved on positively. Perhaps you could say they are now stronger and wiser. You can do the same. I know it's easy for me to say since I'm not experienceing what you are but I just wanted to share what I've observed of a couple of close friends who have. I wish you all the best!!!!

MaddenKage