Shaman's Anyone?

Started by Khanus, January 21, 2007, 11:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dharq

Shaman have always been a fairly underpop'd class from my experience. A lot of people roll them thinking they're uber powerful, and when they hit the 30-50 grind, they find out that they really aren't. Pre-30, I think shaman are probably the most forgiving class to play. You can destroy, you can heal, you can escape, you can really do just a bit of everything. Post-30, things really slow down.

Another reason for this, I think, is the fact that shaman are pretty overwhelming to play as they get higher level. Yes, you do have a tool for just about every situation in the game (except removing curses... dang warlocks!! ;)), but that also means you have a ton of options that you have to account for in order to maximize your class. The same thing happens to rogues--rogues are fairly common, but finding excellent rogues that really know how to use the class to its full potential (such as those in our guild) is really, really hard.

I'm not ever going to claim expertise on the shaman class, but as someone who enjoys having tons of options and tactical choices, the class really appeals to me. It would be really nice to have stealth, lockpick, safe fall, and a stun though. ;)

Genoism

ya and it'd be nice having a working i win button too dharq :p

Dylon

meh, either way shamans are a really fun class to play, i got to do my first 5 man instance today on mine...except for the fact that 80% of people in inctances under ZF act like complete retards that make you wonder how they learned to work a computer, it was alot of fun